Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 13, 2010

Tomato-Mozzarella Salad

This just may be THE easiest side dish ever created. I first tried this at T.G.I. Fridays when it was served as a side with my Parmesan-Crusted Chicken. Instead of the usual Caprese salad, it had grape tomatoes and cubed mozzarella rather than sliced. I enjoyed it so much that I HAD to be able to make it at home. I have no clue if this is how they make theirs, but this is how DESI makes it!

Well the obvious is that I needed tomatoes and mozzarella. Good guess, Des! So first I chopped about 6 oz. mozzarella into cubes. Then I halved about 8 oz. tomatoes and seasoned them with salt and pepper. Next I diced about 1/4 cup of onions and put the tomatoes, cheese, and onions in a large bowl. Then add some chopped basil (I use Litehouse freeze-dried basil). Here comes the marinade part - add 3 tablespoons of Italian dressing to the bowl (I use Kraft Zesty Italian) and mix everything together. Marinade in the refrigerator until ready to serve.



Tomato-Mozzarella Salad

8 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
6 oz. mozzarella, cubed
1/4 cup diced red onion
3 tablespoons Italian dressing
Chopped basil

1. Cut your grape tomatoes in half and put in a large bowl.
2. Chop mozzarella cheese into small cubes and also add to large bowl.
3. Add 1/4 diced red onion to large bowl.
4. Add chopped basil
5. Add 3 tablespoons Italian dressing and mix together.
6. Let marinade in refrigerator until ready to serve.


Happy easy eating!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Perfect! Good call! I love to make my Caprese salads with cherry tomatoes. Yum!