Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 5, 2010

Restaurant Review : Dixie Chili in Covington




















Dixie Chili is a Northern Kentucky chain - they have locations in Newport, Erlanger, and where I dined for lunch... Covington. I had never been here before, but had heard about it from coworkers. I have tried Covington Chili, and of course the Cincy Skyline and Empress Chili as well as Gold Star. I have formed my opinions of the others, but Dixie Chili was yet to be tested. Until now. 




















The decor is like an old-fashioned diner, cute and comfortable. When I first entered, I went and sat at a booth and waited for a waitress to assist me, like in most dine-in restaurants. An older friendly man came up to me after about 3 minutes or so and asked if I was waiting for someone and I said no, and then he told me that I order at the counter. I felt a little silly, but figured I couldn't be the first newbie to wander in and not know the rules of Dixie. Anyways, so I ordered at the counter. I ordered the Chili Cheese Sandwich with mustard and onions.... 





and a Chili Cheese Fry, which I got uber excited for because they were waffle fries instead of the usual thin (or crinkly) fries. I LOVE waffle fries, so I had to try them. They were good, except I wasn't a big fan of their chili. And considering that I ordered two items with chili on them, I wasn't too impressed. The waffle fries are a good idea, I just wish I had them with a different chili on them.

 

















And all-together now...

 

For the price, I wouldn't really say it was worth it. Of course, the sandwich isn't too pricey. But like most chili places, those chili cheese fries are overpriced! Especially when I didn't like the chili!!

And oh yeah, they have red cream soda! Um, I love it! Not many places have this as an option, so they get a thumbs up for that :) It also goes along with the whole old-fashioned diner feel. Good old red cream soda.

It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't great. I wouldn't make a special trip to go back. But I wouldn't be totally against going back. Say if my fiancee or coworkers wanted to eat there, I would definitely go back and try something else like a 3-way or deli sandwich. Everyone deserves a second chance :)





Dixie Chili on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Krista said...

Well it least it looks delicious!

I haven't forgotten you...just super busy with canning and visiting my family. Plus, I leave tomorrow to go camping in a place where I can't even get cell phone reception, let alone internet hook up. I'll be in touch next week.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

thatey said...

newscheck out this site find thisvisite site this contentread what he said