Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 9, 2010

7 Sporadic Questions

Blogging has become a new obsession of mine. I love checking out fellow cooking blogs, getting inspiration from them as well as new ideas that I would never have thought of doing! I was doing my daily blogging check-ups and came across The Sporadic Cook's blog, which I am following. She had a great idea to ask several "sporadic questions" and I thought I would answer them now!

1. What inspired you to start blogging?
 One day I was just surfing the web for recipes, and I happened to come across a food blog on google. That blog was Krista's Kitchen. I had never even heard of food blogging until Krista. And I was just so amazed that people were doing this, and that there were so many people who also shared a love of cooking like I do! She was my inspiration to start blogging. Her blog keeps me coming back for more, and not only is she a talented cook but also seems like a great person. She has helped me jumpstart my blog on numerous occasions. I always look to her for help because she is the reason I started blogging!

2. What's your favorite thing to make for a crowd?
 I haven't really had the pleasure of making alot of meals for a crowd. A couple of times we have prepared a fancy dinner of scallops and filet mignon for our family and friends. But I would say that my favorite thing to make for a crowd would be something easier, like peanut butter cookies (football-shaped for Super Bowl), or a trifle of some kind. 

3. What's your favorite thing to make for just you? 
I am a lover of breakfast food! My fiancee likes a breakfast sandwich... it has to have the bread, he never wants just bacon or just eggs or just sausage. So I like to make myself some bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs or an omelet, and sausage patties when I am home alone on the weekends sometimes.
4. If you could invite 3 famous people (living or dead) to dinner, who would they be? Any particular reason?   
This is just a spur of the moment answer (I am sure I could think of a million more possibilities, some that would even be better than my original choices).
            1. Aaliyah (deceased singer) - I wanted to be like her when I was growing up. She was one of my childhood idols, and I would have loved to meet her.
            2. Oprah - It would be fun to make a dinner for her and to have a wonderful discussion over dinner, about anything and everything!

            3. Tupac - Interesting conversation, I would ask him about his music and what inspired him. I would ask him about his "beef" with Biggie.

5. When you think of your childhood, do any favorite dishes come to mind?
Sausage, boiled egg, and corn casserole that my mom used to make me. It was so good! I have yet to make it myself as an adult. My mom also used to make me the best grilled cheese sandwiches. She also used to make delicious "corn-a-chian" or so I thought she was syaing lol! My mama is from Harlan, KY so she has the Southern twang to her voice sometimes. So all my life growing up, I thought she was calling it "corn-a-chian" [pronounced something like that?!] But really it was just cornish hen. lol. Love that woman. Another is a frozen meal she used to make me - some kind of frozen au gratin potatoes with ham pieces. I have not found another kind that can compare. And she doesn't remember what brand it was :(  So I am on the hunt for them!

6. What do you have in your kitchen that you just couldn't do without? (besides your stove/oven of course)
my casserole dish, my big sharp knife, garlic presser

7. What's your favorite part of blogging? Do you think you'll keep doing it for a while?
I kind of already answered this question, but I love to check out my fellow food bloggers' recipes, and I like to share my opinions on recipes and restaurants. I also have always loved to write, so blogging showcases my love of cooking and writing all in one. And I plan on blogging for a long time. I can't wait to earn more followers, make many more recipes, and watch my blog build over the years and be able to see all of the improvements I've made.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for playing along...it was fun to see your answers :)