Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 14, 2010

Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad

Yesterday evening I made Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad. I have recently found a love for avocado, or guacamole I should say. It was simple and required barely any cooking (besides the corn).

Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad from Paula Deen's website
(modified by me)

4 oz. grape tomatoes halved
1 avocado, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 bag Niblets frozen corn (about 12 oz.) (cooked according to directions on package)
1/2 cup finely diced red onion


Dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl. 


















In a large glass bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss gently to mix. 


















Refrigerate until served.



















I have also since made it using corn on the cob and removing the corn kernels from there. Or you can also keep some in the shape of little corn slices. Simple but delicious. With such beautiful, vibrant colors! It's so perfect for summer and such an easy make! It also tastes great as leftovers :)  Peej is always asking for this recipe now, and I love that he does! Means I'm doing somethin right.   :)

I am submitting this to Foodie Fridays over at Designs by Gollum, and to Souper Sundays over at Kahakai Kitchen. Join in on the fun!

2 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been very into avocados too. ;-) Your salad looks delicious--thanks for sending it to Souper Sundays.

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely flavours delicious
http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com