Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 23, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sundays




I have spoke of my newfound love for blogging groups and challenges. It started with food, and now it has expanded to photography! Two loves of mine. I decided to take part in Scavenger Hunt Sundays over at Ashley Sisk's blog. The rules are simple:

  1. Anyone can participate
  2. You're encouraged to take five new photos this week for the challenge.
  3. If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive
  4. Link up here on Sunday (or Monday at the latest)
  5. Have fun! 

Since this was my first week participating, and the photos are due no later than midnight tonight, instead of trying to go take pictures of everything on the list by the end of today I decided to use some pics I already have saved. Next week I will take on the challenge of shooting new pics. Some of them have more than one picture because I couldn't choose!

    1. Leading Lines
    Taken at Glacier Grooves in Kelley's Island


    The day my (now) fiancee proposed to me with rose petals leading up to the church where we first met


    2. Something Comfortable
    This picture made me think of the idea of comfort. This looks like the most uncomfortable spot ever, but the homeless man finds comfort nestled up in those stairs.


     3. Feet
    This is one of my fave pics ever. It was taken in Myrtle Beach and it is a picture of my fiancee's feet and mine side by side to see the contrast of our skin, and the seashells surrounding our toes.


    4. Sight
    Me in my new glasses, enjoying the sense of sight. I like my big grin and that it is a close-up.


    5. Sweet

    I love his sweet kisses


    3 comments:

    Ashley Sisk said...

    Congratulations on your engagement. These are great but I'm really looking forward to future entries. I'm now following and I can't wait to see more. Have a great night.

    Nat said...

    what an interesting comfortable shot. I never would have thought that was comfortable. Great interpretations!

    Desi said...

    @ Ashley Sisk - Thanks for following! Love your scavenger hunt challenge! I don't have any professional background in photography so this is all a learning experience for me and I can't wait to try it out :)

    @ Nat, yeah it is not the traditional comfortable shot. I may try to come up with something different for the August photo hunt challenge, but I don't have much time left for that either... I am starting late! Check it out if interested. Thanks ladies!

    http://photohuntchallenges.com/