Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 2, 2010

Restaurant Review : Tazza Mia {CLOSED}

How can a place with not very many options keep me coming back for more? Great food. You don't need many options when you have one go-to meal that you could eat anytime, all the time. That, for me, is Tazza Mia's pot roast sandwich.

Located near the Rivercenter Building in Covington, Tazza Mia serves breakfast and pastries, a selection of coffee drinks, and salads and sandwiches for lunch. For $7.50, you can enjoy a lunch combo which includes a sandwich, chips or fruit, and a drink. Like I said, I usually get the pot roast sandwich, which has juicy pot roast, roasted carrots, mushrooms, swiss cheese, and chipotle mayo on garlic panini bread. The carrots really add a nice flavor to the sandwich. I love chipotle mayo, all the time, on anything! And the bread is very good as well.

They also offer a salad bar with many topping and dressing options. You can add meat to your salad for an additional charge. I tried a salad once, but it wasn't anything special. I also have tried the Chicken Pesto Panini, and it was only ok. It was served on a ciabatta bread, and though I liked the bread it just wasn't as good as the garlic panini bread. My co-workers enjoyed the Chipotle Turkey Bacon, but I didn't like that so much. Tasted like microwaved bacon, which I am so against!

I haven't been there in about a month, and upon entering I noticed that they now have a frozen yogurt machine with fun toppings! How fun!

I can't wait to try some of that frozen yogurt! Their pastries also look very good and I have yet to try those.

No other pot roast sandwich compares to Tazza Mia's. Theirs is the best. Others may try to compete but they don't even come close. Tazza Mia is a very good place for lunch, you should definitely check it out if you are in the Covington area.



Tazza Mia on Urbanspoon

No comments: