Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

October 15, 2010

Monterey BBQ Chicken

I find a lot of my inspiration from Reeni over at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice. Her photos are amazing, her food is equally so, and her posts are just so organized and appealing to the eye. Many of her recipes are on my list to try. Well, I can scratch one off the list... Monterey Chicken, which Reeni says was inspired by the Chili's restaurant version. I have never tried that one, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I do know that it was delicious! As soon as I saw the ingredients, I knew there was no way that we wouldn't enjoy it!


Monterey BBQ Chicken adapted from Reeni
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce
  • 2 slices of bacon
  • 1/2 of a large yellow onion, thinly sliced
  • about 2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • olive oil
  • 2 oz. diced jalapenos
  • 3/4 cup monterey jack shredded cheese
  • 1/4 cup hot pepper shredded cheese
  • salt and pepper

Season chickens with salt and pepper, as much as you like. Then marinate in a bowl with bbq sauce fully covering the chickens.

Preheat oven to 400°. You will bake the chicken until cooked through, about 20 minutes or a little more. But while chicken is baking, cook the bacon in a large skillet. Crumble bacon when done. Once bacon is finished cooking, add a bit of olive oil to the same skillet that the bacon was cooked in, and then add the onions and mushrooms and cook until tender. Then add the jalapenos and saute for a few more minutes. 

Once chicken is cooked, remove and sprinkle the cheeses on top. Then place them back in the oven to melt the cheese.

Top the chickens with the mushroom, onion, and jalapeno mixture and crumbled bacon.


****Thanks for sharing your goodness, Reeni!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Reeni's food is the best. Looks like you did a fabulous job with it :)