Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 7, 2010

Turkey Diane... NOT worth your time!

A few weeks back, I tried a new recipe using turkey breast cutlets. I have been on such a chicken kick for quite some time, so I wanted to switch things up. I found the recipe Turkey Diane on some website I have never been to before, so I was already hesitant about it. But decided to try it anyways because I always tend to make the same meals over and over again!

Here is the actual recipe....

Turkey Diane
(from CDKitchen)

**Yields 4 Servings**


1 pound turkey breast cutlets

2 teaspoons lemon pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon parsley
lemon for garnish
nonstick cooking spray

1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat for 30 seconds. Add turkey; sprinkle with lemon pepper and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned and no longer pink in the center.

2. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well. Add to pan and cook until heated through. Garnish with lemon and parsley.


Now granted, I had to make my usual tweaks to the recipe based on my own personal preference and convenience of items. I did not have lemon pepper but used regular pepper instead. I don't think that would make much of a difference considering it is only 2 teaspoons worth, plus I have the flavor from the lemon juice. I used regular mustard instead of Dijon mustard because that is what I had on hand. I did not have any parsley or lemons for garnish, but again these are more optional in my opinion. I am sure they may have enhanced the flavor somewhat, but those missing ingredients COULD NOT have been the reason why this dish tasted so... blah. There was barely any liquid mixture, and it didn't add much flavor. On parts of my turkey cutlet, I tasted mustard, but mainly not much flavor at all. My fiancee thought it had even less flavor than I did, so he had to get some bbq sauce (or maybe it was horseradish sauce?) to dip it in.

Needless to say, I won't be making this again. There was not much to it. Yes, it was an easy fix but I guess I would rather have to spend more time and effort on a delicious dish than spend no time or effort on a "blah" dish.

Don't make it, people! It will be a waste of your time! If you can prove me wrong, or know where I might have went wrong, please let me know! I would be willing to make it again if someone could work miracles on this recipe :)

No comments: