Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 20, 2013

Crockpot Potato Soup

A new challenge, friends!

The Surprise Recipe Swap hosted by Jutta at HungryLittleGirl. I was assigned to Cynthia's blog, Feeding Big and More and I chose her Crockpot Potato Soup.


























I like easy with little to no work. All you gotta do is dice up some potatoes and onions and let the crockpot do the rest. Oh, and cook bacon if you want to top your soup with bacon. But who wouldn't? Ok ok I guess you vegetarians can skip the bacon.

Thank goodness for crockpots.

 























I ended up using my new immersion blender to blend together the cream cheese with the soup, but it really makes the soup smooth so if you want some little chunks of potatoes in it, I'd recommend just adding the cream cheese to the crockpot at the end and stirring in, not in a blender or immersion blender as the soup will not be chunky.



















Crockpot Potato Soup
from Feeding Big and More

*Yields: about 4 large bowls
  • 3 lbs potatoes, diced into 1-inch squares
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 38 oz chicken stock
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • bacon, green onions, sour cream, cheese for topping (optional)
Add potatoes, garlic, onion, and chicken stock to the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours.

Remove soup from slow cooker. Puree in blender or food processor with cream cheese (I used an immersion blender). Pour back into crock pot to keep warm.

Serve with bacon, cheese, chives, sour cream, or whatever you'd like for toppings!

Printable Recipe

 























Check out the other recipes in the Surprise Recipe Swap! And click on the button below to sign up and play along :)


HungryLittleGirl










Peace, and bacon grease!

 



20 comments:

Faith said...

oh yum! that looks delicious! i need to make soup more often!

Jutta Lenihan said...

Oh this soup looks mouthwatering! I love Cynthia's recipes and you picked a really good one :)

Erika @ One Recipe at a Time said...

This looks so velvety and delicious!

Ashley said...

This looks delish! I just made some crockpot vegetable soup and am always looking for new crockpot recipes... I'll definitely have to try this! I'm a new follower on GFC!

Ashley@ casa-de-castel.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi there! I am Cynthia from FeedingBig! I am so glad you chose this recipe. It has become a favorite of mine! I am glad to see that you find it as easy and delicious as I do!

I am now following you! I look forward to seeing what you cook up next!

Cynthia L. http://Feedingbig.com

Accidentally Wonderful said...

For some reason, I just can't pass a potato soup recipe without stopping to pin it!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Two thing I love:soup and my crockpot! You did a great job on this Desi! Your pictures are making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

I love my crockpot, too. This soup sounds like absolute heaven, especially with the bacon!

I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.
http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-9/

Veronica Miller said...

Amen to being thankful for your crockpot! Love mine too. Your soup is the bomb!

Unknown said...

I just love potato soup! New follower here. Stop by and say high sometime:)

~Rina

Itheecook.blogspot.com

Adelina Priddis said...

I know what we're having for dinner tomorrow! Yummy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

Katie said...

This looks so simple and tasty! I hope you will share it with Simple Meals Friday!

http://nourishingsimplicity.org/2013/02/simple-meals-friday-19.html

fromcalculustocupcakes said...

This looks delicious and your photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

This looks SO good! Thanks for linking up at my What We Wore, Read, and Made Wednesday Party :)

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Yummy! Thanks so much for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party this week!

Miz Helen said...

What a great recipe! Have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Love potato soup in the crock pot! This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

Adelina Priddis said...

Thank you so much for this recipe! I'm featuring you on this weeks Foodie Friday. You were the inspiration behind my Potato Cauliflower soup I'm sharing.

Chris said...

Man that sounds good AND it is easy, I love that!

Unknown said...

when do u add cream cheese?