Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 14, 2013

Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies


Happy Valentine's Day, my Valentines!
























 

Yay for new cooking challenges!

Today I'm participating in Sheryl's Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge. The two ingredients this month were CHOCOLATE and CHERRY.


















I had bookmarked this recipe ages ago, and knew this was the perfect opportunity to use it.

 

















I'd recommend putting them in the fridge to harden and set up better. I popped mine in the freezer for like 10 minutes then set it out at room temperature and it wasn't as set as I'd like it to be, as you can see from the pictures. Hopefully we'll make these again soon and I can take a better photo.

And I used milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet because that's what I had on hand.

 


















Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
from Six Sister's Stuff

Brownie layer:

  • 1 brownie mix (the 9x13 size)
  • Eggs, oil, and water called for on the back of the box

Prepare brownies and bake as directed on the box. Let cool.

Cherry-Chocolate layer:
  • 2 sticks of butter, slightly softened
  • 3 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 6 oz maraschino cherries + juice from jar
In the bowl of a mixer, combine butter and 5 tablespoons juice from the maraschino cherries. Beat until the butter is smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Increase mixer speed to medium high and beat for about a minute and a half. Roughly chop cherries. Fold chocolate chips into the filling with the cherries. Spread over the top of cooled brownies.

Chocolate layer:

2 and 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips

3/4 cup butter


Melt chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds. Continue to do this until chocolate is smooth and melted. Spread over cherry-chocolate layer. Let set up until hardened, in fridge. 


Printable Recipe

























Check out what everyone else made in the blog hop below:



Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge



Peace, and bacon grease!



11 comments:

Melissa said...

These look so good! Great recipe choice Desi!

Maria Asay said...

These look sweet! New follower and I'm pinning these brownies. I have to make them!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

What a great recipe! Can't wait to make this one. Thanks for participating in The Dessert Challenge. I can't wait to see what you make for next month's challenge. ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

These are beautiful brownies, Desi!!! Perfect, delicious layers!!! xo

Teri said...

These look incredible! I think brownies are one of the best treats ever. Can't wait to try these!

Michelle B said...

My goodness! I wish I had one...maybe two of these right now. I have to keep this chocolate/cherry challenge hidden from my son. He'll want to make every last entry.

Thank you for sharing these beauties at See Ya in the Gumbo this week!

Unknown said...

This recipe really looks amazing and I have been craving brownies!!! I would love if you link this to my link party. Don't worry if you are late it's up for a month so you get the max traffic and you can keep on linking too.
Xo
Isabelle
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those look incredible!

The Mandatory Mooch said...

Desi, this looks easy and delicious. My mouth is watering just looking at the pics. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays. This post will be FEATURED this week so spread the word about the linky party. It will go live tonight!! Thanks, Nichi

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I featured these and am going to be making them in a few minutes, a gluten free version. I think I will add a little almond extract to the cherry layer.

Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

These look yummy! I love chocolate cherry ice cream. Great flavor combo. For my cookie of the week on Monday I'm going to be doing a vintage recipe that involves maraschino cherries. I've not tried it yet but it came from my best friend's grandma. We will see how it turns out!