Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 12, 2013

Bananas Foster



Hmm. You taste so good but you're not so pretty.


























That's ok. Not everything can be pretty. As long as the personality is good. And I'd say this bowl of ice cream and bananas foster has so much personality.

It's sweet, a little mix of hot and cold, a little boozy. 

Sounds like my personality :) 


So in honor of Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday today, I bring you Bananas Foster.

 






















Bananas Foster
from Martha Stewart
  • 1 pint vanilla ice cream (we used vanilla bean)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup dark or gold rum
  • 3 bananas, peeled, halved crosswise then lengthwise
In a large skillet, heat butter, brown sugar, and rum over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and bubbly, about 5 minutes.

Add bananas and cook, gently stirring until bananas are warmed through, about 2 minutes. Scoop ice cream into bowls and top with bananas and caramel sauce.

Printable Recipe 
 
 
















Look at those little rain droplets on my prop. Dang rain getting in the way of my natural light!

Food blogger problems :) 

Peace, and bacon grease!


  

12 comments:

Ashley said...

Loove bananas foster! This looks great!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Looks gorgeous to me! I lik the boozy part!!! Great pic Desi and great dessert as well!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Looks gorgeous to me! I lik the boozy part!!! Great pic Desi and great dessert as well!

Unknown said...

These look so good! I like the addition or rum!

Thanks for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Party! i look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Hun.... WFD said...

One of my favourite desserts! Thank you for linking to Simple Supper Tuesday :o)

Winelady Cooks said...

A perfect dessert for Mardi Gras week, the month for that matter :). Sounds delicious.

Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please stop by to vote on your favorite recipe.

A FFF co-host,
Joanne/Winelady Cooks

Diane Balch said...

I always wanted to make this... it doesn't look too hard.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Bananas foster is by far one of my classic desserts!

Jocelyn said...

I have never had bananas foster...I think I need to remedy that! They look delicious!!

Unknown said...

I am so not a banana fan, but you make them look goooood!

Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

April J Harris said...

I find some of the best tasting food really isn't pretty! Your Bananas Foster look like a real treat.

Unknown said...

I've never tried Bananas Foster but it sure does look good! Gonna have to give it a try :)

Thanks for sharing at @The Weekend re-Treat!
last weekend!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend :)