Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 2, 2013

Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sausages

 
Happy weekend to ya!


















Last night my friend Sheryl and I went to Ambar for dinner, yum!! (I'll review soon). It was good stuff, plus I got to spend time with my girl, that's always fun. Then today PJ and I have been hanging out at home lounging, cleaning, and watching UFC shows getting ready for the UFC fight tonight. 

Oh, and making an app for the big game tomorrow. I wanted to make a lot more this week but time got away from me, but I was determined to make at least one more today. 


















That's where these lil guys come in.

I'm sure you've seen a version of these some way or another at a party of some sort or on the internet. The sweetness from the raspberry and the heat from the chipotles make these little sausage appetizers a hit in any home. Be sure to use seedless preserves (if that exists) or jam because seeds, well I hate them.

Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sausages
adapted from MyRecipes and Betty Crocker 

*Yields: 6-7 servings
  • 1 14-oz package of Hillshire Farms Lit'l Smokies
  • 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves or jam
  • 2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • 1 tablespoon adobo sauce

In a large pot, mix all ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Mix in water if sauce is too thick.

Serve on platter with sauce poured on top or served on the side.


Printable Recipe




 













You've still got time to make these for the Superbowl tomorrow, and if not they are perfect for any party, potluck, or gathering. Just put a toothpick in each one and make it so easy for your guests to grab one. And the kids will love them too, you may need to adjust the chipotle amount but what kid doesn't like little sausages? These are for kids and adults alike.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekends. I'm off Monday :)

Peace, and bacon grease!


23 comments:

Jorge Ramiro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jorge Ramiro said...

How great, those in Argentina are called chorizos. Are part of the barbecue, but you can have it in a bus stop, for example. Like, the people eats this chorizos at everywhere. Are like argentinians hot dogs. I have stayed in an apartment for rent buenos aires and my roomate ate chorizos every day.

Pam said...

Ummm, mmm! Love this recipe! Anything chipotle sounds good and with the jam, it has to be great on the sausages. Great blog too!

Michelle B said...

You'd think by now I would have had enough party food. But nope. I still have room for these--they look delicious! I agree. Seeds would not be good. Thank you for linking with See Ya in the Gumbo this week.

Julie said...

Oh yum. I love chipotle peppers. In fact, tonight I made a sweet potato chowder that has chipotle peppers in it!

These little sausages look great! I'll definitely have to try your recipe one day. Pinning and sharing on my Facebook page. Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

Julie @ This Gal Cooks

April said...

I've seen similar versions of this floating around, but I like how you added a spicy factor in. I bet it matches perfectly with the sweetness of the jam. Thank you so much for sharing with Saturday Spotlight. Have a great week and come back soon!

Unknown said...

These Sound wonderful! Thank you for linking up at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

Unknown said...

Wow!
These look delicious. Thank you for bringing them to my party.
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

Hun.... WFD said...

Oh yum!! These would be great with a salad and some fresh bread. Thanks for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday :o)

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Those sound so good. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Joy said...

These look so good! I love chipotle anything.....I want to try these! Thanks for a great recipe! :)
~Joy from Yesterfood
http://yesterfood.blogspot.com

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

more chipotle - I love it! thanks for linking up to Friday Food Frenzy!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Desi,
I love anything flavored with Chipotle. These little sausages are a great appetizer with fabulous flavor. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Lois Christensen said...

These look amazing! Thank you for sharing them with Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

Julie said...

Hi Desi!
Just stopping by to let you know that I will be featuring these at tonight's Marvelous Mondays party. Enjoy your day!

Julie @ This Gal Cooks

fromcalculustocupcakes said...

This is a great twist on a similar recipe I have. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please stop back by today to vote.

Ericka Breedlove said...

This recipe sounds fantastic! I have chosen your recipe as my Foodie Friends Friday Host Favorite! Your recipe will be featured in an article on The Daily Dish Magazine called Recipes that Caught our Attention! Be sure to check it out on Monday!
www.dailydishmagazine.com

Leigh Anne Wilkes said...

My kids love little sausages and I know they'd love this dressed up version!
I'd love for you to come over to Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky party and share your fun idea Party closes Tuesday evening!
http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-4/

Anonymous said...

YUM, these look soo good and easy. Pinning right now, thank you!

Chris said...

The seedless jam makes a huge difference, doesn't it. Nothing worse than picking pits from your teeth.

Jocelyn said...

Raspberry and Chipotle? Girl that sounds like an incredible glaze! These look awesome!!!

April J Harris said...

You've used some great contrasting flavours in these sausages - they sound really delicious!

Unknown said...

I love Adobo sauce but have never thought to use them on little sausages. What a great idea!

Thanks for linking up at my link party last weekend @The Weekend re-Treat

This week's party is now live. Hope to see you there!