Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 5, 2012

Salted Caramel Milkshake {Holiday Recipe Club: Cinco de Mayo}

It's almost over but, Happy Cinco de Mayo, amigos!

We didn't do any big celebrating, but I made sure to have a margarita.

Do you guys know one of my favorite things in life?

Salted caramel. 

For reals. I'm all about the sweet and salty if you don't know by now. 

And for this month's Holiday Recipe Club, we had to make a Cinco de Mayo recipe using either chorizo, tomatoes, or dulce de leche... or a combination of any of the three. 

I chose to roll with the dulce de leche because I love all things caramel and have seen those little dulce de leche cans around stores and always wondered what to make with it. Now was the time to find out. While I was in the aisle I saw the canned kind, and some more  dulce de leche squeezable caramel sauce, same brand. So I just got both. I ended up using the pourable caramel sauce. I'll figure out what to do with the other stuff, oh don't you worry.

























I opted for something simple yet something that will brighten any day or put a nice end to a rough work day or week. I found this salted caramel milkshake recipe... with some alcohol added in. Oh I'm all on that!




















Salted Caramel Milkshake
slightly adapted from Food Network
Blend the ice cream, dulce de leche caramel sauce, tequila and 3 ice cubes in a blender on medium speed until thick and smooth. Pour in glass and top with whipped cream, sea salt and/or candied orange peel. 






















This recipe made one margarita-glass full.

You can definitely make these without the alcohol too for the young ones. Or for yourself if you're not into the whole alcohol thing. But then we can't be friends. Just kidding, just kidding. That just means more alcohol for me  :)

Peace, and bacon grease!




Linking up here.

16 comments:

Peanut Butter and Peppers said...

This sounds and looks amazing! Your photos are gorgeous and fun!!

Teri said...

What a great choice. It sounds soooo good, and looks so pretty! Yum!

Stephanie said...

Wow. This looks absolutely amazing!

Eliotseats said...

An adult milkshake for Cinco de Mayo? Move over margarita!

ERIN said...

Omg I am drooling. Even with my cinco de mayo hangover! This sounds so tasty and perfect for a change from the margs. Great post! I am so glad you were able to join us :)

Rhonda said...

Not for the young ones at all, all for me, me, me. Is this a dessert or a drink..who cares, it's slurpalicious!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

This looks amazing!! So glad you linked up. I'm featuring you on my FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/ishouldbemoppingthefloor

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Oh goodness, that sounds amazing! Would you consider linking it up to my Pinworthy Projects Party? I'd love to have you join the party.

Erin said...

I love anything with caramel, this sounds like an amazing treat!

mjskit said...

WOW! I could live on this!

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box said...

Sounds fantastic - I love dulce de leche!

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

This looks delicious! I have featured it on this week's edition of Makin' You Crave Monday. Come by & check it out - and I hope to see you again this week!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh wow. That looks AMAZING. It sounds so good. Love your photos!

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow!!! I just love salted caramel too! Probably more than I should:-) This is such an awesome choice to try!!!

Bird Stalker Photography said...

oh yummy, that looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Oh my, how amazing do these look and sound?!?! I'm pinning to give these a try this summer!! Thanks for the yummy recipe!