By now, you probably know how much I love Cassie. That girl is a culinary genius in my eyes. And our stomachs agree! We are always thoroughly satisfied with her recipes.... and here's another one that didn't disappoint. Mexican Sour Cream Rice.
And PJ thought he wasn't a big fan of rice, ha!
Can't let the adorable plates go unnoticed :)
Mexican Sour Cream Riceslightly adapted from Cassie Craves
- 1 cup uncooked extra long grain enriched white rice (I used Mahatma)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chile peppers
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
Add sour cream, green chile peppers, 1 cup cheese, corn, and cilantro to the pot of cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
This side dish would be perfectly paired with any Mexican main dish! How about serving it with some chicken taco lasagna, or white chicken enchiladas, or even with some Mexican chicken?
The options are endless! Get your fiesta on.
Peace, and bacon grease!