Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 17, 2011

Cranberry Gorgonzola Salad




















I just wanted to share a quick semi-recipe with you all - I don't have measurements, but just throw it all together to make this wonderful salad with an array of flavors in it!

I told you that I drizzled that dressing on just about anything I could... including this salad!

















Cranberry Gorgonzola Salad
  • Green leaf or red leaf lettuce
  • Red onions, sliced
  • Toasted pine nuts - they must be toasted! 
  • Dried cranberries
  • Gorgonzola crumbles
  • Hard-boiled egg, sliced
  • Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Croutons  
  • Creamy Lime Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Season sliced egg and halved tomatoes with salt and pepper. Combine/layer all ingredients and drizzle the dressing on top.

Ta-da!




















That's tough stuff right there, do you think you can handle all of that strenuous work?  :)

Next time I make it, I promise I will try to get some measurements! It just seems silly to measure out the lettuce, and each ingredient. I did use one hard-boiled egg though, that is the one measurement I know.

And a soakfest of dressing. Is soakfest a measurement?

I am linking this up to Tuesday Night Supper Club - the theme this week is SALAD... AND you will be entered to win a cookbook giveaway. I'm all about cookbook hoarding collecting! Come join me!

....and what do you know!? The theme for This Week's Craving is salads also! I'm linking up there also!

Updated 6/5/11: I am also linking up to Souper Sundays over at Kahakai Kitchen.











Peace, and bacon grease!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I never make salads because my husband doesn't like them. I wish you lived closer so you could make this one for me :)

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

oh i'm doing a salad post so i'm going to include this one, it looks great! thanks for sharing it :)

The Cooking Photographer said...

Desi thank-you for the super nice comment you left this morning!! You have a super cool blog yourself. I looooove gorgonzola salads!

Laura

Kim K. said...

Desi, thanks so much for stopping by and your wonderful comment! You made my day. I've been so busy that I've not had a chance to peruse the blog world recently, and I'm enjoying an afternoon of "blog surfing".
As for this salad... wow! I love recipes without measurements, that's how I cook, I always find it sort of difficult to recreate my recipes with the measures and do just like you sometimes.
The dressing looks awesome too! I usually make my own too, but have you tried the Cilantro Dressing from Trader Joes?? Awesome!!
Thanks again, and I'm followin' you back!

Catalina said...

This salad looks like it could become my favourite one! I love cranberries but I've never tried including them in salad so next time I'm gonna try this out :) Thank you for sharing!

Desi said...

@ Catalina - Sorry I wasn't able to respond to you by email, there was none listed... so I'll respond on here! It is definitely my fave right now too... but I bet I could make it even better with some additions! I never knew I liked cranberries in my salad until recently either!

Deb in Hawaii said...

This looks like a fabulous combination of ingredients--yum! Thanks for sharing it with us at Souper Sundays. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a tasty sounding salad! :)

yanmaneee said...

kyrie shoes
kobe
air jordan
supreme clothing
jordan shoes
moncler jacket
jordan sneakers
steph curry shoes
moncler jackets
golden goose