Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 5, 2011

Homemade Taco Mix, for Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo, amigos!

Over the next few days I will be bringing you some Mexican recipes that you are sure to love! So let's start with something simple.... Homemade Taco Mix!

Sometimes it's better to just make the homemade version instead of buying the pre-packaged version. Am I right or am I right? Why buy the packet at the store when I have every single seasoning at home already? 

And it's easy! It's just measuring and then mixing spices together, people! Can't get much simpler than that! So do it, and use it in any recipe that calls for a taco mix :)

Homemade Taco Mix
from Sweet Peas and Pumpkins
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix well and you're set!

Printable Recipe
















We made this to go in and flavor an amazing Chicken Taco Lasagna we had last night. We are having the leftovers today too for dinner, for Cinco de Mayo.  I'll have that taco lasagna recipe for you soon and very soon!

What's everybody doing for Cinco de Mayo? Besides making and blogging about some tasty Mexican dishes, I'll probably just hang at home with a Bud Lite Lime or two with my amante! Don't get too drunk  :)


Peace, and bacon grease!

5 comments:

andersa9 said...

Thank you for following me! Make sure you visit my blog's Facebook Page at A Blonde's Guide to the World!

I love your blog and all of the creative recipes, I'm DEFINITELY going to have to try some :)

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

oh this sounds wonderful! i'll have to make it when all my pre-packaged one run out!

Desi said...

@ Andersa9 - Aww thanks for returning the follow! I love meeting fellow Cincy bloggers!

@ Amanda - Hope you likey!

Chris said...

I have yet to find just the right taco seasoning so I'll give this one a try.

Desi said...

@ Chris - Uh oh the pressure's on! JK JK, let me know if you do find the perfect taco seasoning! This is my first time making a homemade version so it was tasty to me! I saw another recipe using red pepper flakes, that would be good I bet!