Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 12, 2012

Restaurant Review: Mitchell's Fish Market in Newport

hey HEY hey!

I've got tons of restaurant photos on my computer that need to be edited and blogged about... so that's why you're seeing the sudden burst of restaurant reviews. I want to purge and be done with these posts! I hate that I wait so long to type up these reviews because many times I forget what exactly I had, the menu has changed when I check the website, blah blah blah. I've actually started taking notes while at restaurants so that I can remember exactly what I had, the cost, the experience, etc. I guess I like the actual experience of trying new restaurants more than typing up posts about it.

Oh well, guess I'm in a bit of a restaurant review blogging funk. And have been for awhile I guess since I put them off for so long?? 

But if there's any restaurant that will make me feel a bit more excited about writing up a review post, it's definitely Mitchell's Fish Market. Do you guys know how much I love seafood? Well, I guess not the funky kind of seafood like octopus or squid, and I've never been a big fan of fish, but I love me some lobster, crab, clams, shrimp and especially scallops. It's 1:00 AM, but I don't care, now I'm day night morning? dreaming about eating some scallops...

I've been to Mitchell's now probably at least 5 times... and I wish it were more. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience there! Well, one time I think I ordered the Seafood Americana and wasn't super impressed by it, but still... the  majority of the time it's an amazing experience.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
  1. This particular time when I finally remembered to bring a camera and take pics, PJ and I were out for a late date night dinner. I had just discovered that I loved margaritas - who discovers that they love margaritas at age 27? - so I ordered their 1800 margarita ($8.95). Yes, I have bought all of the ingredients to make at home. Loved it! I think it's the best margarita to date that I've had. I haven't had many, because again, I just recently found out that I love them. Margaritas go well with seafood. Heck, let's not kid ourselves here... they go well with anything :)
  2. For an appetizer, we ordered their Crab, Spinach & Artichoke Dip ($12.95). I do remember it being different the time prior, and better, but it was still delicious this time around as well.
  3. For my main course, I ordered a Surf and Turf option. I'm not entirely sure of the name because it's not on their main menu, but it was filet with shrimp and scallops and a baked potato ($27.95).
  4.  PJ's main course was another Surf and Turf option - filet oscar with baked potato and asparagus ($27.95). I tried some and man was it melt-in-your-mouth good! I always want PJ's meal when he orders something lol. Not that mine wasn't good, cuz it was.

Oh, the next day I went back for lunch. By myself. That's dedication, baby. I saw that battered Crispy Cod & Chips ($10.95) on the menu and had to come back to test it out, since I'm always searching for the best beer battered fish. I thought - if anyone is going to have the best fish and chips... it's going to be Mitchell's. And I'll tell ya that theirs was, as expected, one of the best I've had. Mmm, that batter. But I don't have pics from that occasion so I'll stop rambling on about it. 

If you haven't noticed, I just love Mitchell's! And I love to use any excuse to go there. It's not cheap and we did leave with a hefty bill including tip, but sometimes it's nice to get out and splurge a little on a quality meal at a restaurant that you yourself don't have to make. I always always recommend Mitchell's. 

Can you tell that we'll be back?


Peace, and bacon grease!





Mitchell's Fish Market (Newport Levee) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Chris said...

I don't like fish but do like shrimp and scallops so I'd def enjoy that surf and turf.

jade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.