Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 24, 2011

Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and Onions

Here's another simple, basic side item recipe for you to enjoy. Just cook your green beans however you like. Some people like to blanch them in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes. Others may steam their green beans by placing them in a steam basket over a saucepan with about an inch of boiling water in it. Heck you can even microwave them! But I went with the sauteed method.

I started with half of a small pack of pre-rinsed and pre-cut green beans. We didn't need much because, as always, it was only for the two of us. You may need to rinse the green beans off yourself, and cut off the ends. I sauteed the green beans with olive oil and garlic for about 7-10 minutes (depending how crisp you like them). While they were sauteing in the skillet, I seasoned them with salt and pepper and stirred to coat evenly.

Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, I was sauteeing up those mushrooms and onions. First, I rinsed and sliced my mushrooms - enough to make about 1 cup. You can use more of course, that's just the amount I had. Then I thinly sliced an onion. I melted about 2 tablespoons of butter in that skillet and added the mushrooms and onions, seasoned them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and continued cooking until tender and caramelized.

If you don't want to have to clean another skillet, I'm sure you could saute everything in a single skillet if you have a large one. Or you could saute the mushrooms and onions first and then add the green beans later, or vice versa. I just wanted it to be quick so I cooked everything at once in two separate skillets. 

Yep. It's that easy. No rocket science here.














Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and Onions
From the kitchen of SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl
  • 1/2 of a small bag of pre-rinsed green beans
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup (or more) sliced mushrooms
  • 1/2 of a yellow onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • salt, pepper, and garlic powder for seasoning
In a skillet, saute green beans in olive oil and garlic on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, depending how crisp you want them. Stir occasionally.

Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, add butter until melted. Then add the mushrooms and onions. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. 

Serve mushrooms and onions over green beans. 
 
Printable Recipe 

On that day, we had it with some delicious Chicken Divan. That's also some yummy stuff, you should try it out if you haven't  :)















 


Linky time! Check out all of the linky love!
 

Don't you just love simple, basic recipes? I do! There's no denying, we all need them at some point.
 
Peace, and bacon grease!
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Christina said...

Love this! I am always looking for new green bean recipes since it is one of my favorite veggies. Plus, I love mushrooms!

Desi said...

I agree! Can you believe I used to not like mushrooms?! What was wrong with me lol!?

Shauntel said...

My husband is going to love this.

Shauntel

http://the-polka-dot-umbrella.blogspot.com/

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Even though I just ate dinner, I could eat a whole plate of those green beans right now! They look amazing. What a great recipe!

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I'm looking forward to following yours! :)

Tree said...

This looks awesome, and definitely something I will make alot! I'm trying to get back on the Flat Belly diet, and this is perfect for that. Thanks for linking up for Tasty Tuesday this week! :)

Noble Vintage said...

Hi Desi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi. Glad you liked the cupcake post :)
You have some great stuff on here! If you haven't discovered her yet, you need to go say hi to ValSoCal. She's a foodie and super nice.
have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

Simple yet delicious....can't beat that! I love green beans with sauteed mushrooms!

Unknown said...

although this is a simple recipe, it looks incredible...greens and mushrooms are a great combination. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I have sauteed every other vegetable but I have never sauteed the green bean. I'll have to try it