Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 25, 2011

Friday Favorites

I wanted to take a minute to highlight some great recipes I found this week in the bloggy world. SnoWhite over at Finding Joy in my Kitchen does a weekly link-up called "Friday Favorites" where everyone shares recipes that they can't wait to try out! Since I am always finding recipes from fellow foodie blogs, I definitely wanted to participate and promote some great blogs that always keep me coming back for more :)


I saw this Funnel Cake over at This Chick Cooks. I can't wait to attempt to make it. Funnel cake brings back such fond memories from my childhood, of carnivals and fairs and amusement parks. Oh, to be a kid again. So any food that makes me feel like I'm 7 years old again is a keeper :)

I'm a breakfast kinda gurl, so when I saw this Banana Stuffed French Toast over at Mangoes and Chutney, I couldn't wait for a lazy Sunday morning so I could make this sweet breakfast treat for the man and me.

Always loving anything buffalo-related. So these Buffalo Chicken Nachos from The Girl Who Ate Everything would be devoured in no time. 

Anyone who knows me knows that I love bacon. So much. Maybe a little too much. I am always intrigued by strange desserts that include bacon. Hey, I love chocolate, I love peanut butter, and I love bacon. I really don't see how it could go wrong? I will definitely be making these Bacon Peanut Butter Cups from Blog is the New Black.

I am a seafood lover. Gimme scallops, crab, lobster ANYDAY of the week! I can't wait to try Krista's Crab-Filled Crescent Wontons!

These things are freakin adorable! I bet the mix of onion, avocado and cheese on these mini burgers is da bomb!! Try these Caramelized Onion, Swiss, and Avocado Beef Sliders from Big Mama's Kitchen  :)

I swear Jocelyn always has the BEST desserts! These Reeses Banana Brownie Cups are super cute and I can't wait to have a good occasion to make them!

I love finding recipes that I have never seen before. Sometimes that can be hard to find in the bloggy world. Many times we see the same recipes showing up on blog after blog! So I will definitely be trying these original Ice Cream Cupcakes from Better Than Burgers.

Oh, and one more cupcake recipe that I want to try (because my thighs can really use all those calories!) are these delightful Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes from Apples and Twinkies.

I didn't want to post their pictures on here, so go check out their blogs to see those yummy recipes that I know you guys also wanna try!

Wonder when I will get around to making all of these?!? 

Peace, and BACON grease!
(see, I told you about my love of bacon - HA!)

10 comments:

Rhondi said...

Awww, thanks Desi for showing the blog love! I'm with some great company here, I also saved some of these to make. Have a great weekend!!!

Desi said...

You're so welcome, Rhondi! Thank YOU for having such amazing recipes!

Unknown said...

Wow, looks like some great recipes.. and lots of blogs I never knew existed! Thanks for sharing Desi! Have a great weekend : )

Laura said...

New follower from the Social Parade hop. Love the recipes. TGIF:)

Laura
www.agoddessoffrugality.com

Just Wedeminute said...

Hi, I found you on Social Parade on Friday and I'm a new follower. Hop over and say hi if you get a chance!
http://wedemeyerfamily.blogspot.com

SnoWhite said...

Thanks for linking up this week!! I am off to check out some of these new-to-me recipes.

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Thanks for linking to my funnel cake :) This is a delicious looking list of recipes! Off to check out some of them. Have a great weekend!
Katie

Kelsey said...

Hi Desi! I saw your comment that you'd clicked over to my 30 while 30 list. Do you remember what blog you saw it on? I'd like to give them some love :-)

You have a great blog going. I'm loking forward to seeing what else you cook!

Desi said...

@ Holly - Don't you just love finding new blogs?!

Thanks everyone for stopping by from Social Parade, off to check out your blogs!

@ Kelsey - I saw it over at The Boys Made Me Do It. And thanks for stopping by!

Doreen McGettigan said...

Hi Desi,
We have so much in common; psychology degrees not working in the field; I too have always wanted my own restaurant and we both like to write.
I think you write really well and I think you should join (free) She Writes; it is a site for thinking about writing, wanna be writing, writing, serious writing and professionals. I found out so much there,,just saying:)