Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 15, 2011

Idiotic Idioms #2

"In my heart of hearts...."


Why? I know what it's supposed to mean, but really do we need to say it twice? I think it'd be safe to say that you could just say "In my heart..." and it would make perfect sense. No "of hearts" needed. 

Sorry, I think I heard someone say that on The Bachelor last night. Yeah, I said it. I watch that crap. And love it :) And I think it was the ever so sweet and beautiful Emily, who I want to win, and since I don't think I or anyone could ever hate or be bothered by that girl, I'll let it slide this time.

But if it had come from anybody else, "In my heart" [see!] I'd be so very annoyed.

Just a quick rant. That's all for now!

Hope everyone had a love-filled Valentine's day yesterday!!

12 comments:

Rhondi said...

That's funny Desi! I watch The Bachelor too, can't help it. My hubby wouldn't watch it with me last night, so I will get caught up on it some time today. If it came from Emily, let it slide. She's my fave too! And it is a stupid saying.

Desi said...

My man never watches it with me! If he is in the room on the computer or playing a video game, he just makes fun of it the whole time :( Glad there is another person who likes Bachelor like I do :)

Unknown said...

Des! I LOVE the Batchelor too! I SOOOO want Emily to win it! I was jumping up and down last night when he kicked off Michelle! lol YAY!!!

Desi said...

Yay Holly you are officially part of our Bachelor-lovers club :) Everyone in the world probably hopes Emily wins, but I have a feeling she won't :( (I read too much into previews)

Yenta Mary said...

Thank you so much for coming to visit me! Happily returning the follow, one food fan to another ... :)

Desi said...

Thanks for stopping by, Yenta Mary! So good to meet you, fellow foodie!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

In my heart of hearts I'm just loving your blog! So glad you visited me so I could meet you and check out all your recipes!
Have a happy day, Lisa

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I also can't stand when people say that. You only have one heart.

Desi said...

Thanks for stopping by, ladies! Glad I found both of your blogs recently!

The Country Cook said...

Hahaha - so funny (and true!)

Doreen McGettigan said...

Hi; I am a very slow new visitor and follower from I Love My Online Friends!
I also studied psychology and am not working in the field. I was for quite awhile but left it to pursue my dream of writing.

Abby said...

The grocery store and I have a love/hate relationship. I am there all the time but I hate going 1/2 the time! Ninja meal looks good to me! Thanks for stopping by my blog!