Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 14, 2011

Menu Planning - Week of 2/14/11

It's such a LOVEly day, isn't it?! Why? Because it's Valentine's Day! Peej and I are going out to eat this evening at The Polo Grille. I have no idea if it is a fancy restaurant, or more of like a pub... if it's romantic, or if there will be drunken people yelling and screaming at big screen tvs. But I had a certificate there that expires in two weeks, so that's where we'll end up :)

So, no cooking tonight. But we will be doing our usual cooking the rest of the week. But first, a quick synopsis of what we enjoyed (or didn't) from last week's menu plan. We loved the honey chipotle pork tenderloin, and had leftover tenderloin so we made that another night last week. So that bumped out one of the meals we were originally planning to have. I liked the black bean soup enough, but wasn't jumping up and down for it. I liked the flavors, and it was pretty good for being a meatless meal. But PJ didn't really like it, it reminded him of his dad's "ninja stew." Ninja stew is a concoction of whatever he had in his pantry that could be made into a soup. Don't ask me why it's called ninja. Maybe giving it a cool (?) name was the only way to get PJ to eat it? Not sure. But anyways, so PJ wasn't a fan. So I doubt we will be having that again. We made that late one night after PJ got home from work late, so we didn't make the cornbread and just served it with crackers instead. We did have some scallops, and as always they were delish. And we didn't get to the sloppy joe squares, so they are going on this week's menu.


Monday 2/14/11:  Valentine's Day!!!! Out to eat with my love :)

Tuesday 2/15/11:  Sloppy Joe Squares

Wednesday 2/16/11:  Grilled Cheese (w/ a fancy chipotle jack cheese I bought) and Tomato Basil Soup


Friday 2/18/11:  Chicken Braciole with Alfredo Sauce (yep, bringin it back from weeks ago but we never made it)


Linking up to Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Organizing Junkie. Won't you join me?


*And on a side note, here's an update for the photo hunt challenge... we are mid-way through February and I haven't taken one photo from the scavenger hunt list. Not lookin promising....   Just sayin.

 

3 comments:

Faith said...

Hope dinner was delish and that you had a great Valentine's Day!

Liz said...

Yum -- grilled cheese with chipotle jack sounds amazing! My favorite cheese is pepper jack!

Tiffanee said...

You have some delicious meals planned at your house this week. I want to eat at your house this week! Thanks for stopping by and yoru sweet words. Now following and off to look around more!!