Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 16, 2011

Lazy day, lazy meal AKA Ninja Meal

What happens when there is barely any food in the house, AND no motivation to change that?

.... I end up coming up with some lame and boring, but quick and easy meal made of whatever we have in the house! Kinda like PJ's dad's ninja stew?!?!

Sometimes my lazy butt just doesn't wanna go to the grocery store.  So this is a result of pure laziness. Don't judge me :)

We had these in the freezer.....














PJ brought them home from work awhile back. Gotta love fiancees who work in the food industry.

So we thawed them and cut those bad boys up into small chunks. (Really, we cut them smaller than pictured here).


















And then back to the fridge to see what else lingered inside, waiting to be eaten. Onions. And green onions. And leftover mashed potatoes. So that is what we used!

We sauteed the sausages and sliced onions in the skillet first with some olive oil. After both were browned to our likings, we added in some green onions. Didn't wanna overcook them... they shrivel up and wilt and shrink.














Had some of Giada's leftover mashed potatoes (um, yum!) so we served the sausages and onions over the leftover mashed potatoes. Pretty delish for a spur-of-the-moment meal. 













Sure wish I had some glare-be-gone. This picture was taken back when I didn't know not to use a flash for food photography. Months ago. That is how behind I am on posting recipes!

There really is no recipe. You just need smoked sausages, onions, green onions, and mashed potatoes. You can add whatever else to it that you like. I'm sure we would have added much more to it if we had more ingredients in the house at the time. Peppers would work great. I am a huge fan of mushrooms so they would work well here, but then again I think mushrooms go well with everything. Let your imagination wander. Or, like me, just use whatever you've got lying around the house begging to be eaten. 


Ninja Meal, anyone?
 


Peace, and bacon grease!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have nights like that... I'm sure all cooks do! I think this sounds wonderful... simple and yet delicious, you can't beat that!

Mickey said...

Wow! At least your throw togethers are delicious. That looks like a real meal. Thanks for stopping by, I am your newest follower :)
mickey

Sweet And Crumby said...

YUM! What a great combination and nice that it used everything in your fridge! I did that yesterday and actually we had sausages too! Thanks for being my newest follower. Nice to meet you. I love your blog!

Krista said...

Lol @ "Peace and bacon grease". Love it! I'm in for some Ninja Stew. It looks yummy!

Desi said...

Thanks for stopping by, ladies! I appreciate the love :)

Katie said...

Oh, this looks like a great meal! I love anything with mashed potatoes. I am your newest follower...thanks for following me. I love finding bloggers from Cincinnati.

Alil Country Sugar said...

I love smoked sausage, and look how simple it is to fix. I love meals like this. Top mashed potatoes with just about anything and your meal is complete. Love it!!

Amanda said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog:)

Lina Thomlinson said...

Ooh, I quite like this idea. I tend to make a lot of quick dinners since I get hungry early. This looks like another fun idea I can throw in the mix. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following yours too!

amandak23k said...

This looks super yummy and very easy!!!