Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

September 17, 2010

Roasted Potatoes with Sour Cream Herb Sauce

Like the name implies, I love me some potatoes. It's hard for me to find a potato recipe that I don't want to try. So when I came across a recipe called "Fingerling Potatoes with Sour Cream Herb Sauce" while blog hopping, I knew I was going to try it. The Mr. couldn't find any fingerling potatoes at the grocery store, so we settled on yukon gold potatoes.

First, I preheated the oven to 350* and lined a pan with aluminum foil. Then I cut two Yukon Gold Potatoes into small 1" squares and placed them on the pan. We only were making enough for just the two of us so we didn't need much. I added 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried chopped basil, salt and pepper to the pan and mixed with the potatoes.

Bake for about 30 minutes, covering the pan with another sheet of aluminum foil. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove to the potatoes and cook for about 6 minutes (I can't remember the exact time I cooked them, but until they were to the consistency that we wanted).

For the sauce, I mixed 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives, zest of 1/2 a lemon, juice of half a lemon, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Before serving, I mixed the potatoes with the sauce.


Roasted Potatoes with Sour Cream Herb Sauce adapted from George Gaston's Fingerling Potatoes with Sour Cream Herb Sauce recipe

  • 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into 1" squares
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried chopped basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 garlic cloved, minced

Preheat oven to 350* and line a pan with aluminum foil. Place diced potatoes on the pan.

Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried chopped basil, salt and pepper to the pan and mix with the potatoes.

Bake for 30 minutes, covering the pan with another sheet of aluminum foil. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove to the potatoes and cook for about 6 minutes.

Sour Cream Herb Sauce
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
  • Zest of 1/2 a lemon
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • Pepper to taste
 
Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Right before serving, mix the potatoes with the sauce. Serves 2.

I am linking these delicious potatoes to Foodie Friday.

No comments: