I made this from a combination of two Martha Stewart recipes - one from Everyday Food and the other from Martha Stewart Living.
- Chicken thighs
- 1 or 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce
- Olive oil or vegetable oil (or cooking spray)
- 4 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Rinse chickens, then pat dry.
In a medium sized bowl, add buttermilk and hot sauce and mix. Dip chickens in, turning, and let marinate for about 1 hour in the refrigerator. Once marinated, season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
In a separate shallow bowl, add cornflakes and basil and blend. Dredge chickens in cornflake mixture, turning to coat evenly.
Bake on oiled baking sheet for about 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, flipping pieces halfway through cooking time.