Here comes a simple one! But oh so good! A mushroom and onion omelet with chive and onion cream cheese. Yummy!
- Slice and dice mushrooms and onions. Then add butter or oil to a skillet and saute both until tender.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk together.
- Add tablespoon butter to a skillet and let melt.
- Add eggs and whirl it around to cover the skillet.
- Once it has settled a little and is about ready to flip, season with salt and pepper.
- Flip, and season other side. Immediately add cheese - I use pepper jack cheese slices and tear into strips to cover one side of the omelet.
- Add diced cooked mushrooms and onions to omelet, then flip the side with nothing on it to be the top of the omelet.
- At this point, I let the cheese melt a little bit. Then I remove to a plate.
Basic omelet, right? Well yes. But I also like to add a little Philadelphia Chive & Onion cream cheese on top. So I spread a little bit on top of the omelet and let it melt a bit and get warm. Or you can spread a bit on while it is still on the skillet so that the heat from the skillet melts it. It adds a creaminess to the omelet, and of course a chive flavor.