Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

September 25, 2010

Day Three

Day three is almost over. But I still made it in time to post this. Sorry, the man and I just got back from Eddie Merlot's a bit ago. We enjoyed ourselves some artichoke dip, and we each had two giant lobster tails. It was delicious. Now my lip smells like butter.

Is it just me... or does it seem like the day should be matching with the number of things I am blogging about? It just seems strange for it to be day 3 but I'm writing about 8 things...Anyways...  Note: My Chi flat iron probably would have made the list, but since it broke a week ago I have been without it so I guess I don't really need it. Many of the things on this list I don't technically need, but lets just play along for fun.

Day Three: Eight things you couldn't live without.

1. My facial moisturizer and cleanser - My face just feels so dry without it. Ever since I read about facial moisturizer, I have convinced myself that I can never be without it and it is a regular necessity like deoderant or soap. I also don't like harsh soaps on my face. It really does dry out my face. So my Dove facial cleanser is just right.

2. Stove/oven - Because I love to cook, silly! I am not much of a microwave kind of person. I don't like TV dinners. I like to make (and eat) home-cooked meals. Don't get me wrong, I do like to eat out too. But usually I find that I can make better meals at home. Or at least save money. I do like to eat out just to get more ideas of what to make at home though. But I just dunno what Peej and I would do without our stove and oven!

3. DVR - I went crazy the other day without my DVR. It is what makes me who I am... what gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Ok maybe I am exaggerating (maybe?) but really I don't know what I would do without it for a long period of time. I don't remember (and can't imagine!) what life was like before it. And guess what? We just bought a second box, and until we return our old one, we will be able to record SIX shows at once! Do you hear that?! I mean that is just heaven. And is it sad that on some days I do need that capability? I'm sorry, it's not my fault that they air all of the great shows at the same primetime!

4. Our house and home - It isn't big. It isn't a mansion. Heck, it isn't even where I would want to be living 15 years from now. But it is our first home! And I am so proud of it. I love coming home to it every day. Having a home has been expensive of course, but I have enjoyed it more than living in apartments. Plus it is ours. It symbolizes the start of our life together.

5. Sunglasses - Have to have them every morning. I hate squinting the whole drive to work. I am always prepared. I keep a few pairs in my car, and some in the house in case PJ is driving and I don't need to go to my car. Gotta have the shades.

6. Concealer - I am not a makeup girl at all. But I have these dark circles under my eyes that I really really want to get rid of but have no idea how to. So since I can't and until I can remove them, I cover them up with my good old concealer and highlighter stick in one. I can still see my dark circles of course. But it sure does wonders.

7. Grill - I love grill-anything. I love the taste of grill out food. I love the smell of it. I love the activity itself. There is just something about grilling that is so peaceful, yet fun, relaxing, yet social. I enjoy having people over and grilling out and playing basketball. PJ and I also have fun grilling together just the two of us late at night. I really want to upgrade to a better grill. But the one I have now is satisfying our grilling needs for sure.

8. My car  - My good old '95 Honda Accord. You are special. You were a gift from my mom when I finally got my license at age 18. I have had this car for 7 years! We have been some places together! It has taken me on tons of trips. Been with me on my career paths. Seen most of my relationship. It has lasted this long, and still has some miles left on it. It is really a necessity though, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to get to work. I do plan on upgrading to a better car one day in the future. But until then, my old beat up car is doing the job. Or should I say, getting me to the job.

Ha - I technically still got this done on Day Three. With one minute to spare :)


No comments: