Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 5, 2014

Football Deviled Eggs

Why hello there.

 
























































Did you guys watch the Super Bowl? I did, kinda, for awhile... not a very exciting game, huh? Seattle's defense looked great though! I didn't mind who won either way really, but I have always been a Peyton Manning fan.

Despite the boring game and meh commercials, there was food to be had.

Why am I posting a football recipe right after the Super Bowl? Because I'm crazy like that. Or lazy/procrastinator/too busy/lame/all of the above. We made these on Super Bowl Sunday and I'm just now getting around to posting about them. That's ok, it's goin in the archives. It'll be here waiting for you when football season starts back up in September.

Grab your favorite deviled egg recipe + some chives and you can so make these cutie little football deviled eggs. So easy and cute. I love themed food!



Football Deviled Eggs
idea from September 2004
  • 1 dozen large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
  • 6 tablespoons mayo
  • 1-2 tablespoons mustard (I used Private Selection Fire Roasted Chipotle Mustard)
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • a dash or two of hot sauce
  • fresh chives, chopped
Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks in a medium bowl; stir in mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and hot sauce until blended. Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with chives to make the football laces. Chill until ready to serve.


Printable Recipe 




























































Can't wait for September to get here so I can make these again for the start of football season! But wait, September would mean I'm one step closer to 30... so scratch that. What I'm trying to say is, I love these little guys.


Linking up here.
 


Peace, and bacon grease!





3 comments:

Susan Lindquist said...

LOL! So dang cute! I'd go out for a pass if you were pitching me one of these little numbers!

Unknown said...

What a cute devil eggs. Thanks for sharing with 4 seasons blog hop and pin in the group's pinterest board.

Miz Helen said...

Love your Football Deviled Eggs, Desi! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen