Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

February 17, 2014

Eggs Diablo

Secret Recipe Club time!

 





























































 
This month I was assigned to Jamie's blog, Our Eating Habits. It sure was hard to pick one recipe, as Jamie has a vast recipe archive chock full of alluring recipes from sweet to savory. How can I choose just one??!! Ultimately, I chose her Eggs Diablo recipe.

































































These are some jazzed-up deviled eggs! I was nervous about the salsa in the yolk mixture, but it, along with the green chiles, added a nice kick. And I love green onions in pretty much anything.

I'm so used to my deviled eggs having mustard, but these didn't even need it. With all those other flavors happening, you won't even miss the mustard.





Eggs Diablo
seen on Our Eating Habits, from Southern Living Homestyle Cookbook
  • 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons canned green chiles
  • 2 tablespoons mayo
  • 2 tablespoons chunky medium salsa
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • green chiles or salsa, for garnish
Slice eggs in half lengthwise and gently remove yolk to a bowl. Place egg whites on serving plate.

Mash egg yolks together with fork. Add remaining ingredients, except garnish, and stir until well combined.
Scoop yolk mixture into egg whites. Top with garnish of your choice.



Printable Recipe






Thanks for the great recipe, Jamie! I love trying different deviled egg recipes and this one did not disappoint :) 


Check out my past Secret Recipe Club posts!




Peace, and bacon grease!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some nice pictures! I am glad you liked the recipe, we enjoyed them quite a bit as well!

Chris said...

Great twist on a classic. My mouth is watering! :)

Chris (melecotte.com)

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

OK -these have to be some of coolest looking deviled eggs I've ever seen - I'm not usually a fan but I sure wouldn't pass these up!

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

The name intrigued me and I had to find out the ingredients. Now I need to make these tasty deviled eggs. Nice SRC pick!

SeattleDee said...

These will fly off the table at an appetizer party! Who can resist a devilish egg?

Manuela said...

I love the name of these!!! and your pictures are mouthwatering! I had your blog this month and I was so thrilled! Love your work and your peanut ice cream was a great recipe!! THANKS!

TeaLady said...

THESE look zesty. I can see them at the next family reunion.

Rhonda said...

Deviled eggs are much loved in my house, so is salsa. I see these in my very near future.