Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 30, 2010

Ranch Oven-Fried Chicken with Warm Corn Relish

This is so simple, even a child could do it. Probably. Betty Crocker makes things easy with Bisquick mix. I was a little disappointed because what they call "Warm Corn Relish" is really just frozen corn from a bag, with nothing extra. Nothing to make it relish. It wasn't bad though. It was just very elementary.


Ranch Oven-Fried Chicken with Warm Corn Relish from Betty Crocker website
(Modified by me)


Makes: 2 Servings

1/4 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup three cheese Ranch dressing
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon butter, melted
24-oz. family size frozen Green Giant Niblets Corn and Butter

1. Heat oven to 425*F.
2. In a shallow dish, mix Bisquick mix and pepper. Pour dressing into another shallow dish. Coat chicken with dressing, then coat with Bisquick mixture, pressing so coating sticks to chicken. Place on pan. Drizzle with butter.


3. Bake uncovered about 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.

4. Meanwhile, cook corn as directed on bag; drain. Serve over chicken.


Betty Crocker calls for reduced-fat ranch dressing, whereas I just use the regular fatty kind :) I also halved the serving size. I used a slightly different kind of corn. And I am just now realizing that I did not mix some of the ranch dressing in the corn. That would have made it a little different from just the plain corn in the bag, obviously. That may have made the dish pop more. At first I thought I may not make it again, but now I think I may. Just so I can try the corn "relish" with ranch mixed in. Can't hurt.

No comments: