Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 8, 2010

Cheese-Garlic Biscuits

I have been searching for a recipe to satisfy my need for some delish cheddar rolls that resemble the famous Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. And with the help of Better Crocker and Bisquick, I was able to satiate my desires with just a little bit of work and light ingredients. These simple but genius Cheese-Garlic Biscuits will definitely be a regular on my menu.

Here are all of the ingredients you need:



















I halved all of the ingredients as to only make enough for 2 servings (approximately 4 biscuits). Then I put the Bisquick mix, milk, and cheese in a bowl and mixed together...

Then I put the mixture onto the parchment paper-lined pan by the spoonful and baked for about 9 minutes...


and VOILA! They are done in a matter of minutes!

 
Next time I may try a little less time because the cheese was a little crusty in certain parts, but still so good. This is not a complaint, I am just going to try it a little different next time to see if it can be EVEN BETTER! I do think they need more butter in order to taste more like the ones from Red Lobster, which seem like they are soaked in butter! So next time I will add more butter and cook them a little less. They also would be tasty cut in half and used for breakfast sandwiches. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

I served them with corn and Southwestern Chicken Tacos for a yummy meal!


The recipe was pretty much great... and here it is from Betty Crocker to me to you :)


Cheese-Garlic Biscuits (from Betty Crocker website)

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 9 biscuits

2 cups Original Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Heat oven to 450*F.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, and cheese until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 9 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Stir together butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits.

1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70 ); Total Fat 8 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 460 mg; Total Carbohydrate 17 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 4 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10 %; Iron 4 % Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.


ENJOY!

No comments: