Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 23, 2010

Mushroom and Onion Grilled Cheese

























This is a very simple recipe for a kicked-up adult-style grilled cheese. I mean, who doesn't love grilled cheese? Even adults do! But I have found myself wanting a little something more than just bread and cheese, so I decided to add two things I love - mushrooms and onions! 

Now, there isn't really a set recipe for this, as I didn't measure anything. I sauteed some mushrooms and onions in a skillet in about 1 tablespoon of butter. In a separate skillet, I placed buttered slices of bread on the skillet to get a nice slightly-browned crust. Flip when browned. Once I flip the bread, this is when I add the pepperjack cheese (2 slices for each sandwich). Then I add the onions and mushrooms and flatten the bread like a panini. All done! So easy... and so delicious! Serve with tomato soup, of course! 

No comments: