Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 12, 2010

My Mai Tai


Sometimes, we need a little alcohol in our lives! Ok ALOT of alcohol! Though Outback Steakhouse has gone downhill in my opinion (they no longer serve that spinach dip with honey-round toasts!), I have noticed that their Captain Mai Tai is quite delicious, and maybe reason enough to keep going back!

Since alcoholic bevs at restaurants can add up quickly and you can't really generate a buzz unless you plan on spending most of your paycheck there, I decided to investigate the web to find an identical recipe. I was lucky to find the recipe on Yahoo!Answers (someone else was looking for this recipe too, I see! LOL). The best answer given was from someone who got the recipe from their waiter at an actual Outback Steakhouse restaurant. Here is the recipe, according to this mystery Outback waiter....

Outback Steakhouse's Captain's Mai Tai
1 1/2 oz. Captain Morgans
1 oz. Orange Juice
1 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 Tsp. Crushed Pineapple

Put ingredients in a drink mixer and shake.

Put 3/4 - 1oz. Huckleberry Syrup into a glass, strain drink mixture into glass to leave out pineapple pieces.

I personally did not use crushed pineapples, only the pineapple juice. I also could not find any Huckleberry Syrup, and am not very sure what that even is! When I first tasted it, it tasted mainly like orange juice. So I started adding more pineapple juice and rum as needed. So basically I used my own measurements of rum, orange juice, and pineapple juice, and poured in a little juice from the maraschino cherry jar to give it that cool red and orange mix, and topped with some cherries. I must perfect this recipe, because mine didn't taste like the one from Outback. I have GOT to find that huckleberry syrup, hopefully that gives it the specialness of Outback's drink. But mine was still good :) Fill glass with ice if desired.

No comments: