Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 13, 2010

Halloween in July? No.... I'm Just Late! - Part 2

I needed something simple to go along with those terrifying Strawberry Ghosts for my company Halloween party, and simple is what I found!

This recipe makes 24 servings and takes about 25 minutes total.


Ingredients

* 3 packages (8 ounces each) assorted lunch meats
* 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 12 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise

Directions

* Roll up each slice of lunch meat; spread a small amount of cream cheese at seam to secure roll. Insert a tomato half at one end of each roll to resemble a fingernail; secure the tomato in place with a small amount of cream cheese.
* Place seam side down on a platter. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.


Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 39 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.

Now these were more on my level! You can't really go wrong with salami roll-ups, stuffed with tomatoes, even if they don't really look like fingers. Here is how mine turned out!


Try these with some tasty Strawberry Ghosts and you're good to go! Remember, 'tis better to treat than trick!

No comments: