Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 19, 2011

Bacon and Onion Omelet





















Have I ever told you guys about my love affair with breakfast food? Well, I am an addict. I love all things breakfast - the sweet, the savory, the salty, the meats, the pastries. And if you've been reading my blog for awhile now, you probably also know how much I love bacon. I mean, I even sign off with a bacon reference! So you see that I do have a problem. But I don't really think it's a problem. More of a solution. Sad? Eat some bacon. Happy? Eat some bacon. Bored? Eat some bacon. Problem solved. I guess that is characteristic of an addict... not thinking they have a problem....

Anyways, so I love bacon. And omelets. Put em together and I've got a satisfying morning. Or afternoon, or evening... whatever time of day you decide to eat these, it will be equally delicious! Side note: have you guys seen the reality show called "Solitary"? Well, Val - an artificial intelligence voice and the only source of communication for the contestants - always says 'Good morning, afternoon, evening...' because the contestants are confined to a pod and don't have any sense of time while they are in there. They don't know if it's the morning, afternoon, or evening. And Val plays along, she doesn't wanna give them any sense of the outside world. That's what my little comment above reminded me of. You can eat these omelets for a 'good morning, afternoon, evening...' Imagine me saying that in my "Val" voice.

Enough about reality tv, and more about breakfast food. We used what we had on hand... we had 8 slices of bacon so that's what we used (we made 2 omelets total, one for him and one for me... so we cooked 8 slices total but use 4 per omelet). We had about a cup of onions so we used that much for the both of us. Keep in mind that onions do shrink a bit when you saute them so be sure to use more if you like alot of onions!  We just didn't have more at the time.
















Bacon and Onion Omelet
from the kitchen of SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl

*Yields 1 omelet
  • 4 slices bacon
  • 1/2 cup onions, chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 slices of pepperjack cheese
  • Salt, pepper, and parsley
  • 1 tablespoons chive and onion cream cheese 
  • 1 green onion, chopped
Cook bacon in a skillet. Once finished, remove bacon to a paper towel and drain some of the grease.  Leave about a tablespoon for the onions to cook in. Crumble the bacon. Add onions and saute in the bacon grease until golden and soft.

In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs together. In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter on low. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook on low. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley on first side. Flip, season again. Place 2 slices of pepperjack cheese on one side of the omelet. Cover the cheese with crumbled bacon and sauteed onions, then flip the empty side of the omelet on top to cover. Top with a 1 tablespoon of chive and onion cream cheese, and chopped green onions. 

















I am linking up to Whisking Wednesday

This will put a good start to anyone's day! Whip up some of these babies on a weekend morning...afternoon...evening for your loved ones and show them how much you care. If someone woke me up to two one of these I would be a happy woman. And I'm not even a morning person! But these omelets can change a gurl.


Peace, and bacon grease!


 

7 comments:

Angie A said...

Perfection!

Desi said...

aww thanks, Angie!

Nicole said...

Yum!! We have some type of omelet at least once a week in our house :)

Katie said...

Sounds delicious! I love the idea of the chive cream cheese...I will be trying this soon.

Desi said...

@ Nicole - My fiancee wants one every weekend morning! He loves my mushroom and onion omelets best :)

@ Katie - the chive cream cheese is so creamy! A great addition! Hope you like :)

Victoria said...

Hi. My name is Victoria and I'm a breakfastholic. I TOTALLY can relate to your love of breakfast. The truth is I don't eat breakfast everyday, but breakfast foods make me so happy I sometimes/often make them for dinner. There. I said it :) Happy omelets to you!!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to thank you for linking up on my Whisking Wednesdays link party last week and hope to see you again this week!

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/05/whisking-wednesdays-4.html