Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

January 9, 2012

Menu Planning - Week of 1/9/12

Hey there, friends. 

I made two of the four recipes I planned for last week's menu. Not the best start to a new year of menu planning, but decent enough. We made The Great White Chili and the Creamy Mushroom and Potato Soup, but didn't make the other two so I'll move them over to this week. Recycle them recipes. I have all of the ingredients already for the Chicken Pot Pie topped with Mashed Potatoes so we'll have that tonight, maybe. Don't hold it against me if not, because PJ will have to cook the whole meal while I'm at school! Yes, my first class is this evening! So if he feels up to it, he'll make this chicken pot pie (and I'll love him dearly for cooking), or I'll just pick up something for us on my way home. We'll see how that goes.



Tuesday 1/10/12:  Chili Cornbread Bake

Wednesday 1/11/12:  pick something up, class at 7 PM

Thursday 1/12/12:  4 Minute Spicy Garlic Shrimp

Friday 1/13/12:  Oven Baked Frito Pie

Saturday 1/14/12:  out to eat

Sunday 1/15/12:  Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese

I'm trying not to be too intimidated about starting school today... I'm a mix of excited and nervous. I'm trying to tell myself that it's going to be more exciting than anything else. Plus, it's only the first day so at least we'll start out today with introductions and going over the syllabus and such.

It's gonna be a long day... Wish me luck :)

(Oh, and can I just say that I'm shocked and thrilled that the Steelers lost their first playoff game! My Bengals lost to Houston, unfortunately, but having the Steelers lose kind of makes up for it. Sorry Pittsburgh fans, you understand the rivalry!)

Peace, and bacon grease!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Desi, your menu looks delicious...as usual! Good luck with school :)

CutiiPromoRO said...

I would love to try the 4 Minute Spicy Garlic Shrimp.

Chris said...

Can I come over for the frito pie? Love those things.

Mary said...

Your menu looks great and I love all the recaps. Wow. Those desserts are way too tempting right now.

Side note, I glanced back up at your page and realized that for a non-Steelers fan it looks a bit like you are sporting part of their logo. ;)

Have a GREAT day!

Desi said...

@ Mary - NOOOOO!!! I never realized that... it DOES look like their symbol. That probably means I should change it, but I love the gray and yellow! AH! Good eye, Mary, I never noticed that. Now I have to go bow my head in shame :) Thanks for your kind words about my recaps too.

Noelle said...

I hope school goes good!!! LOve that menu! Frito pie..sounds delish!!!!

Noelle said...

ok I took a look at that recipe for Frito pie, um yes sounds yummy, but what is even better, I can make a low cal version and it still be pretty good!Thanks!!