Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

June 6, 2011

Menu Planning - Week of 6/6/11

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend, I sure did! We went kayaking, and I love it so much! Nothing beats beer, nature, and spending time with my man! 

Now the weekend's over, and we're back to Monday. Ugh! I hate Mondays!

But the good thing about Mondays is that I get to plan my menu plan for the week. Not gonna lie though, sometimes it is another burden to add to my already stress-filled and dragging Mondays. Not always, but sometimes. It's hard to find recipes based on what I already have, and I also try to check out the weather to see if we should grill out, while also trying to keep PJ's work schedule in mind. If I know he's gonna be working late on a certain day, I can pretty much plan to eat out or order pizza or something. Definitely no laborious cooking on nights that he gets home late. Trying to plan a menu around all of these factors can get complicated! That's why many times I don't end up making all of the recipes on my menu plan for a given week, because things come up or PJ has to work late and I didn't plan for it, etc etc.

And we didn't make those lasagna roll ups, or the cajun chicken pasta last week, so what do you know... they're on this menu plan again! We did make those blt lettuce wraps, with some of our own modifications, and they were so good! I'll post about it one of these days.

So here's me trying to make a menu plan we can actually commit to this week. We'll see how it goes :)


Monday 6/6/11:  steak, and Dijon Roasted Potatoes (got some potatoes to use up)

Tuesday 6/7/11:  Lasagna Roll-ups - from cookbook

Wednesday 6/8/11:  eat out

Thursday 6/9/11:  grill out, maybe some Grilled BBQ Pepper Jack Chicken

Friday 6/10/11:  Cajun Chicken Pasta - from cookbook


Linking up to Menu Plan Monday...











And Marvelous Menu!








Peace, and bacon grease!



3 comments:

Katie said...

Yum, yum, yum. I love lasagna roll-ups! Good choice.

Desi said...

@ Katie - we just made them last night and they were delish! I subbed in ricotta cheese for cottage cheese though. And it could use some more meat sauce but still delish!

Tiffanee said...

Love your menu!! I also love your quote.."Peace, and bacon grease!" How cute!! Love your blog!! Now following!