Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

September 24, 2013

Ginger Pineapple Rum Punch

Ginger beer.

 






























































How do you guys feel about it? 

I don't think I could drink it straight up, just as a normal everyday drink. But mixed with some rum and pineapple juice? I'm down.

I had bought some at Trader Joe's out of curiosity and needed a reason to use them up. This cocktail seemed like the perfect opportunity. Use some kinda rum... the recipe calls for dark rum but I used Morgan's Spiced Rum which isn't a dark rum but it's what I had on hand, and it's probably why my cocktails are lighter in color than Dara's. Oh well, rummmmmmm. 




Ginger Pineapple Rum Punch
from Cookin Canuck
  • 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 cup ginger beer
  • 1 and 1/2 cups Jamaican dark rum
  • 2 cups pineapple juice
  • Ice
In a pitcher, combine lime juice, ginger beer, rum and pineapple juice. Stir well to combine.

Fill glasses with ice and pour in the punch.

If you prefer to make the punch in advance, mix together all of the ingredients except the ginger beer. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir in the ginger beer immediately before serving. You can increase or decrease rum and/or pineapple juice as desired.


Printable Recipe





Depending how you like your drinks, you can add more or less pineapple juice or rum than the recipe calls for.

 






























































Fill er up with plenty of ice + this cocktail and you've got yourself a Friday night.


Peace, and bacon grease!




1 comment:

Chris said...

I've never actually had ginger beer. I was going to but all of the other beers were picking on it;)