Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese {Improv Cooking Challenge}

Good morning, friends. 

Today I'm bringing you a delicious topper for your breakfast bagel or toast... Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese. For so long, I've thought I didn't like pumpkin much. Since I had to make something containing pumpkin and cream cheese for this month's Improv Cooking Challenge and still wanted to participate, I figured I would test out my taste buds again and see how I felt about pumpkin now. I mean, I had seen so many delicious-looking pumpkin recipes all over pinterest and different blogs that were calling me to try them. This was definitely one of them.

Now that I see the photo on the screen I think I'll re-edit it tonight

























And you know what? I'm so glad we did! We both were surprised at how much we loved this cream cheese. I like mine for breakfast on a cinnamon raisin bagel. MMM....

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and syrup til creamy. Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla and beat til smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour.


Oh yeah, and I finally splurged and bought some of the pricier vanilla extract. I've heard it's the only way to go. We'll see if I'll be able to taste the difference.

This spread really was delicious! I'm so glad I got a little bit of a pumpkin fix this fall season. I'd love to dabble some more in the pumpkin fields before the season is over.


And check out all of the other pumpkin and cream cheese recipes in the blog hop below:




Peace, and bacon grease!

11 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Absolute wonderful combination!! I love pumpkin AND cream cheese - and all those spices!? OH MY! Perfection! Please stop by my blog and check out a giveaway I have going on...thanks - www.thebetterbaker.blogspot.com

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yummo! I just wrote this recipe down. I will be trying it our for Thanksgiving week. Best wishes to you, Tammy

The Three Little Piglets said...

Sounds like a heavenly breakfast! And I bet that little bit of maple syrup added so much flavor!

Lisa~~ said...

Delicious and such an easy recipe.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Improv Cooking Challenge recipe: Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Unknown said...

Simple and delicious.. my favorite thing!

Kristen said...

Great spread for a bagel! I love that you used maple syrup in it. YUM!

laxsupermom said...

Yum! What a perfect way to start a morning! Thanks for sharing.

Comfy cuisine said...

Great combo Desi! I'll bet this would even be great on pancakes! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love flavored cream cheese! I'm returning your check-out from the cooking challenge. Thanks for stopping by!

Mimi said...

I want this on my bagel, or I could just eat it with a spoon.
Mimi

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hello Desi! Finally getting to visit and really like your sweet place here!

You and I were thinking similarly with our recipes. Love the spread you made : )

Nice to meet you!
Kindly, Lorraine