Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 20, 2011

Menu Planning - Week of 11/21/11

Why hello there, my pretties! How you doin? I'm doing pretty good... bout to wind down from a fun weekend. I did some shopping and lunch at BJ's Brewhouse with Marcey on Saturday, then stopped by to see my cousins Steph and Pope visiting from outta town... so good to see them as always. That evening PJ and I watched some UFC for like the 4th weekend in a row. I'm not complaining! Dan Henderson surprised us and beat Shogun Rua, and there were some other good fights as well. I love UFC. I wish I could train for fun without getting my face messed up.

Sunday we went to Kroger to pick up some lunch meat, chips, and other unnecessary junk. The main reason we went there was to get some hummus so I could write my Foodbuzz post up last minute. Then we scrambled home to watch the Bengals lose to the Ravens... a close and exciting game but still a loss. That Dalton sure did look a hot mess with his 3 interceptions. And boooooo, that Palmer getting good stats with the Raiders. Oh well, our record is still better than anyone expected, and I was prepared for us to not do so well against the tougher teams anyways, so it's not as harsh when it actually happens. Then we used my groupon and went bowling at Western Bowl for 2 games. It was fun just the two of us... a little date night on a Sunday evening. I suck really bad though... bowled a 72 and then a 67. Yeah, I know I suck. How do you get good at bowling?
Tonight we'll eat some chicken tacos, watch some Walking Dead and I'll have a couple beers. Sounds like a good way to end the weekend. Yay for a short work week coming up. I'm excited for Thanksgiving dinners and my niece coming to town.

On to the menu....
Monday 11/21/11:  City BBQ or eat out


Tuesday 11/22/11:  Crock Pot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese with Cilantro Lime Rice


Wednesday 11/23/11:  BLT Crescent Sandwiches with chips


Thursday 11/24/11:  Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Thanksgiving at my mama's (or on Friday)


Friday 11/25/11:  Thanksgiving at PJ's mom's (or on Thursday)


Saturday 11/26/11:  leftover Thanksgiving meal hopefully


Sunday 11/27/11:  White-Bean Soup with Bacon and Herbs with Italian Garlic Knots




Looks like it's gonna be a fantastic week, my friends! 


I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, good food, and plenty of things for which to be thankful.




Peace, and bacon grease!



3 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Sounds like a great week of meals, Desi! Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!!

Unknown said...

Can I come over for dinner this week? LOL. Happy Thanksgiving.

Faith said...

Tuesday's meal sounds fantastic! i must make that!

Happy Thanksgiving! So excited for all the eating, haha.