Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 14, 2011

Menu Planning - Week of 11/14/11

Holy smokes, it's been 3 weeks since my last menu planning post! I was wayyyy too busy the past two Mondays to write up a post, but now I'm back from my planning hiatus. I've missed it. It felt strange not having an answer when PJ asked "what's on the menu plan?" several nights for the past couple of weeks. I've got to get back to my domestic wifey duties!!!

A quick wrap-up of my weekend: 
  • Friday night - it was our receptionist, Jenn's, last day at PPS... so we all celebrated with  convo and drinks at Molly Malone's pub right near our work.
  • Saturday - UFC most of the day... watched the prelims online starting at 4:45 PM and they were on for HOURS! Until the main {FREE} fight at 9 PM pretty much. Then I watched Junior Dos Santos knock out Cain Velasquez and become the new UFC heavyweight champion! Love that guy! He can look mean, but he's THE nicest guy ever (like I know him, lol). So incredibly likeable, so I was very happy he won. 
  • Sunday I watched the Bengals lose to the Steelers. BOOOOO!!! Pretty exciting game, though. And our record is still pretty good, though we haven't won against very many tough teams yet. I'll be so proud if we make it to the playoffs. Finished my Sunday night off with some Walking Dead. Always a nice way to end the weekend, I might add.
And now here it is Monday. The start of a brand new week. I hope to trim some bushes outside the front of our house before it gets too cold. I also need to clean and get organized, including geting back on top of my pre-planned home cooked meals. My life needs some order!

I had to use some Green Giant frozen veggies in a meal by tomorrow for Foodbuzz's Tastemaker program, so tonight we had some chicken pot pie. YUM!


Monday 11/14/11:  we had Chicken Pot Pie for 2, adapted to our likings, with rotini

Tuesday 11/15/11:  probably City BBQ, PJ works late

Wednesday 11/16/11:  Quick Chicken-Corn Chowder, with ciabatta bread

Thursday 11/17/11:  date night, bowling... probably eat there or pick something up

Friday 11/18/11:  hamburgers and fries

Saturday 11/19/11:  out to eat with my mama

Sunday 11/20/11:  Cheesy BBQ Sloppy Joes with garlic bread

Hope you all have a wonderful week, friends!




Peace, and bacon grease!



1 comment:

Chris said...

Have fun bowling tonight.

I fell asleep before the fight but it didn't sound like I missed a lot of action.