Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

November 6, 2011

Candy Cookies {Week 6 of The 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies and Sweets!}

I'm back for Week 6 of The 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies and Sweets challenge, though a little late I must admit. Usually we all post our recipes on Thursday. But luckily, she leaves the linky open for awhile for people like me to still link up a little late. Thank goodness, cuz I didn't wanna miss a week!

I had some Halloween candy leftover and thought this would be the perfect chance to use some up. So I adapted this recipe using the candy I already had: reeces pieces, heath bars, and butterfingers. Yes, all of that is going into these cookies! Can you say sugar overload?

And it was. Delicious and packed full of sweets. These cookies baked up large and thick, but not too cake-like. We both really liked them! I loved the crunch from the reeces pieces. I really just love reeces pieces anyways. And next time I think I'd add more butterfinger and heath. The bites that I did get that tasted like butterfinger were amazing. I want more of those next time, so I'll definitely add more butterfinger. I used 3 bite-sized butterfingers, chopped into pieces. Next time maybe I'd try 5, just to really get the butterfinger flavor. I've reflected that change in the recipe below. I also baked mine on a silicone baking mat, and they were a little too soft when I took them out after 15 minutes, so I stuck them in just a couple minutes longer. But start with 15 minutes and see how they're looking at that point.

I kinda wish I had more candy leftover to make more.

Maybe I should put those leftover candy sales at Kroger to good use and purchase some more so I can make more cookies like these? Should??? Probably not. But will I? Probably so.


Candy Cookies
adapted from Cookie Madness

* Yields 12 cookies
  • 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup Ghiradelli premium milk chocolate baking chips
  • 1/2 cup reeces pieces
  • 1/4 cup heath bars
  • 5 bite-sized butterfingers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Beat in baking soda and salt. Add flour and stir until mixed in.

Stir chocolate chips into the dough. Cut candy bars into small pieces and stir some into the dough, leaving some for decoration.

Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly into mounds. Leave about 3 inches between cookies because they will spread as they bake. Press remaining candy decoratively into cookie mounds. 

Bake 15 minutes or until cookies are almost set. Do not overbake; centers should be slightly soft. Cool on baking sheet for about 7 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.


























Don't forget to check out all of the wonderful holiday treats in the blog hop below :)



Peace, and bacon grease!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy, great idea.

scrambledhenfruit said...

Mmmm...Great way to use the leftover candy! :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Great cookies! I'm a little behind in my reader and just caught this one - I did candy cookies for the 12 weeks last Thursday too! Great minds, huh?

Unknown said...

Wow I love how you think, hope to try these next year, as obviously there is nothing left in my house to use:(