Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

March 18, 2013

Sausage Hash



















Time for this month's Secret Recipe Club!

 
















This month I was assigned Jamie's blog, Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. I immediately jumped at the chance to make her Cowboy hash, but figured I should change the name since, as she defined it, cowboy hash contains ground beef, and I omitted the green peppers. And since I was going the breakfast route with this, I used frozen cubed hashbrowns instead of potatoes.




I'm tellin you, this really hit the spot for breakfast. So much that we had the leftovers for dinner that night. We just reheated everything back up in a skillet and it was just as good as it had been that morning.

 
















Sausage Hash
adapted from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom
  • 16 oz frozen cubed hashbrowns
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 lb maple sausage
  • 1/2 cup frozen corn
  • 1/4-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 eggs (or more)
In a large skillet, cook sausage until brown and cooked through. 

In a separate large skillet, cook hashbrowns in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. You may want to cover them. Stir to prevent burning and sticking. Season with chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons butter once cooked to a nice golden brown and seasoned.

Add diced onion to the skillet of cooked sausage and saute until browned. Add corn and cook until tender. Pour sausage, onion, and corn mixture atop skillet with hashbrowns. Top with shredded cheese, cover with a lid and keep warm.

In a small skillet, fry eggs to desired cooking style. We served ours sunny side up.

Printable Recipe


























Word of advice though, don't burn your eggs :) 

Check out what the other Group C members brought to the table!! 



Peace, and bacon grease!


15 comments:

Melissa said...

This looks delicious! I love all kinds of breakfast foods...especially ones that taste just as good the second time around :)

Jen said...

I love any kind of hash...breakfast, lunch or dinner! Yours looks so good!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to Group C in SRC and love the name of your blog. Made me LOL. This looks tremendous, and I can envision it being extremely flexible. Channeling leftover corned beef from last night, and we love BFD. Thanks for sharing!

Faith said...

That looks so good!

Denise Browning said...

This is a dish that I'd crave at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's very versatile and contains everything that I love. Great photos!!!

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

What a great recipe and looks super tasty. My hubby would adore this for breakfast. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

Bubbe Bites said...

Goodness gracious!! This looks amazing! I will definitely want to try this winter for sure

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Looks seriously delicious Desi! I'd serve this for dinner any night of the week! Total comfort food!

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

This just looks so satisfying for both breakfast and dinner!

Chris said...

Jumpin' Jehosaphat, that looks superb. I could devour that, the perfect weekend breakfast!

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

I am intrigued by the syrup and cheese combination :)

Veronica Miller said...

Oh yeah, that is the greatness! I love it, girl!

Jamie said...

Glad you liked the recipe!
~Jamie

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing with us at "In and Out of the Kitchen"

Kirstin said...

Yummy! This looks like the perfect dish to have on a cold day, which we are having right now. Great choice. I'm a fellow SRC member, group D