Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 22, 2011

Menu Planning - Week of 8/22/11

Sorry I skipped the menu plan last week (did you even notice?), but I was in the middle of writing it and I got very sick, and stayed sick for at least 3 days, so I never got around to finishing my menu plan for the week! Bummer. But I'm back in business.

This week's menu plan is gonna have to be a little different, tailored towards my poor fiancee's inability to eat anything besides soup and omelets really. He had 4 wisdom teeth pulled and wants to avoid getting any food stuck in there that could cause dry socket, or just cause pain while eating! Hmm.... that means it's gonna be all about the soup this week. Some of these soup recipes are obviously gonna have chunks of food in them, so he will try to eat them and if not then he'll just enjoy the liquid part.



Tuesday 8/23/11:  Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Wednesday 8/24/11:   Cream of Mushroom Soup

Thursday 8/25/11:  French Onion Soup

Friday 8/26/11:  Baked Potato Soup

Saturday 8/27/11:  Zuppa Toscana 

Sunday 8/28/11:  Fresh Corn Chowder




Here's to a week filled with soups :) And I'm not complaining!

 
Peace, and bacon grease!


6 comments:

Mary said...

Poor guy! You are a total sweetie to fix so many soups for him this week.

Desi said...

I am, aren't I? Just kidding, but of course I have to take care of my love! And I'm ok with eating soups all this week... we hardly ever do so it will make up for all the times we don't :)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Hey as long as the soup starts off with a base of onions, garlic and bacon grease it will all taste FANTASTIC! LOL! So glad you stopped by earlier! You have some great things on your blog and look forward to reading more. Following you back

Lori said...

I am very much looking forward to soup weather. What a line up you have.

Desi said...

@ Lori - fall is right around the corner! I don't really want to rush it, I'm enjoying the weather now. But some soups you can just eat any time of year... like some good old corn chowder. He is feeling better so we actually may ditch some of the soup recipes... shh don't tell :)

Faith said...

oh yum! do you have the recipes for the soups? i'll love to get my hand in some handmade soups and the ones you listed, i love!