Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

August 28, 2011

Cookbook Review: Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Two

I'm back with another recipe from Taste of Home's Down Home Cooking for One or Two cookbook: Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Two. I'm a huge mac and cheese fan, so when I was searching through the cookbook and saw this homemade mac and cheese recipe, I knew I had to make it. 

The only change we made was to add more cheese - 1 and 1/4 cup instead of 1 cup. I used a loaf pan, but the original recipe says to use a 2 and 1/2 cup baking dish. I figured my small loaf pan was the closest pan I had to that.































Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Two
slightly adapted from Taste of Home's Down Home Cooking for One or Two

* Yields: 2 servings
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
  • 2 tablespoons chopped onion
  • dash of paprika
In a bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Stir in the cheese, macaroni, and onion. Transfer to a greased baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

Printable Recipe
 

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 forks 

I'm adding this to Miranda's Mac and Cheese Quest!

I'm glad that we did make it! The recipe was simple enough, and though not the best mac and cheese I've ever had, it stood its ground! We liked the extra crunch from the onions, and the creaminess from the sour cream. This will definitely stay in our rotation, until we find the next best macaroni and cheese recipe, that is :)

Peace, and bacon grease!



8 comments:

Jihane @ Sinful Sundays said...

Man, I love a good mac and cheese and that recipe sounds like a winner! I have so many recipes too because I'm always on the lookout for a better one. :)

Unknown said...

Oh I love Mac and Cheese! Thanks so much for review it honestly!

Desi said...

@ Sinful Sundays - I have a ton bookmarked too! Crazy how there can be so many recipes and variations!

Faith said...

added to the list of recipes i must try!! :)

Janie said...

Got this in the oven right now :)

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

Thanks for another recipe to try - and I am with you on more cheese! Thanks for linking up to my Mac and Cheese Quest!

FoodHussy said...

Just made this for dinner...I'll be blogging about it!

Can't wait to try it!

:-)
Food Hussy

Digital Marketing said...

Excellent information, I like your post.

Healthy Meal Delivery Services in Colton

Cheapest Food Delivery Service in Rancho Cucamonga

Best Prepared Meal Delivery Service in Redlands