Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

April 22, 2013

Strawberries and Cream Crunch Parfaits



I always look forward to The Secret Recipe Club each month. I've found some amazing blogs and posted some amazing recipes over the years I've been a member.


It's exciting being assigned to a new blog and searching through their recipe archive to find the perfect recipe for me. This month was no different - I was assigned to Serena and Deanna's blog, Teaspoon of Spice, a new-to-me blog. Perfect timing too, they are two dieticians and lately I have been wanting to get my butt in shape. 
 





















A little. You saw my Bacon Spinach Cheese Ball (it has spinach in it at least, does that count??) and Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark recently, and I doubled the caramel on that bark recipe, so I can't say I'm very strict with it. I just can't give up my good-for-my-taste buds-but-bad-for-my-belly foods. But I've been more conscious of trying to drink more water, and since I work at a desk all day, of getting up and taking more steps throughout the day and taking the stairs whenever possible. And I can eat some healthier recipes here and there too, without giving up the foods I love still.









































On my first trip to Whole Foods, I knew this would be the perfect time to pick up some organic strawberries and healthy granola to make their Strawberries and Cream Crunch Parfaits. I already had some Greek yogurt in my fridge from the salad I made the other day with Chipotle Ranch Dressing.









































Strawberries and Cream Crunch Parfaits


  • 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese (or reduced fat cream cheese)
  • 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup low fat granola 
  • whipped cream, for topping

In a small bowl, mix together mascarpone cheese and yogurt. In a parfait glass, layer 1/4 cup sliced strawberries. Spoon half of the cheese/yogurt mixture onto strawberries in the parfait glass. Layer with 2 tablespoons granola. Repeat with another 1/4 cup layer of strawberries, the remaining cheese/yogurt mixture and remaining granola. Top with remaining strawberries and dollop with whipped cream.









































We were surprised at how much we liked this! I've got some strawberries leftover so I'll be whipping another one of these together for a light and healthy snack very soon. This healthy thing won't be so hard after all with delicious recipes like this!

Check out what the other Group C members brought to the table!! 



Linking up here.  


Peace, and bacon grease!



33 comments:

Toni said...

I have 4 flats of strawberries sitting in my kitchen and, as it happens, marscapone in the fridge. I know what tomorrow's dessert will be! Awesome recipe!

Veronica Miller said...

YUM! Gotta love a healthy dessert! And I love your photos, too--so pretty. I feel you on giving up the not good for your belly foods. It's so hard! Good job making some other changes, that's great!

Tandy | Lavender and Lime (http://tandysinclair.com) said...

I wonder if I can have this for breakfast? Must be good for you if it has granola in it!

Trisha said...

This is lovely, I'd think I'd be helping myself to this morning, noon and night!

I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to be a part of it -
http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-and-giveaway.html

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Perfect time for strawberry desserts and your parfait looks terrific!

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

Oh fun - I haven't made this since last summer and now you have me hankering for it again! We are the type of dietitians that don't want you to give up the foods you love for sure :)

SeattleDee said...

What a delicious way to begin the day - today - right now. It's dessert for breakfast.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Parfaits like this make the most scrumptious breakfast. They look so pretty but are simple and healthy. You're pictures are wonderful! These look great!

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

My kids love a good parfait in the mornings - I like the addition of the mascarpone.

Chelsy Ethridge said...

Gorgeous photos! Love the use of the mascarpone cheese! So delicious!

Gloria Baker said...

I think look amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

The combination of strawberries and whipped cream is so perfect this time of year. These look amazing- light, refreshing, and perfectly sweet.

Melissa said...

Too bad I finished my strawberries with breakfast this morning--this parfait looks delicious!

Bubbe Bites said...

Strawberries are inseason right now. Great choice!

Debra Eliotseats said...

Love the marscapone and Greek yogurt in this. What a combo!

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

Your dish looks and sounds incredibly delish. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles said...

Great photos, Desi! This dessert looks perfect for a quick, hot summer night. I think it FINALLY might be getting (and staying) Spring-like here in the Nati ;).

Rhonda said...

What a delicious way to use strawberries, sweet, creamy and crunchy!

Denise Browning said...

Desi: What a simple, quick, easy, and above all, delicious recipe!!!

Anonymous said...

This may be healthy but it still looks decadent. Yummy. Thanks for sharing on MMM.

Michelle B said...

This is so light and summery. Looks good! Thank you for linking this week, Desi.

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I have been wanting to try marscapone cheese for the longest. Thanks for the recipe...

Unknown said...

i've been meaning to get my butt in shape lately too - unfortunately it's had other ideas.

this looks great - i love me some good strawberries and cake.

Happy SRC reveal from a group C member!!

Unknown said...

Yummo! (think of Sid from Ice Age Continental Drift) :) I definitely want to try these! Thanks so much for sharing!

Danielle @ BusyMomsHelper.com

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing and healthy!!
Thank you so much for sharing on Much Ado About Monday - please come back and party with us next week!!

Karla
www.huckleberrylove.com

Stacy Risenmay said...

This look so yummy! Off to pin :)

Cheryl @ That's What Che Said said...

This looks great! And totally do-able in the morning before school! I featured you today! Please stop by for a button! Thanks for linking up with us each week! xoxo Cheryl

http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2013/21-dessert-recipes/

Unknown said...

"Everyone likes Parfaits!" - Donkey
I think Donkey is right! Thanks for linking up at Pint Sized Baker's Two Cup Tuesday Party! I've pinned this! I hope to see you again on Monday Night!

Judy@SavoringToday said...

I think I'd have to make some fresh whipped cream for this beautiful parfait -- just in time for warmer weather. Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

Jessica Barst said...

Stopping by from the Tickled Pink link up... You had me at 'mascarpone'!! Wow, this looks delicious. Your photos are awesome!

Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

Mmm! I love the simplicity & fresh flavors. Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #9!

~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

JoLyn said...

Can you freeze this well without the granola?

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مساجد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام