Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

April 9, 2013

Grilled Corn with Chipotle Butter and Lime Salt

I just shared an amazing and simple recipe for Chipotle Butter with you, and now I'm here to tell you one of the many things to use that glorious butter on.

Grilled corn!





























Oh how I love spring and summer and busting out the grill so I can indulge in some grilled corn on the cob. There's almost nothing better. And grilled corn tastes delicious with some regular melted butter of course, but why not amp that goodness up a bit? Ok, a lot!

 
Grilled corn on the cob + Chipotle Butter + Lime Salt.













Grilled Corn with Chipotle Butter and Lime Salt
ever-so-slightly adapted from Carlyklock
  • 2 ears corn on the cob, shucked
  • Chipotle Butter, melted (however much you want but the recipe yields 1 stick)
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • zest of 1 lime
Add kosher salt and lime zest to a small bowl and stir to combine.  Set aside. 

Grill corn directly over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until browned and slightly charred on all sides. 

Melt chipotle butter and pour over grilled corn. Top with lime salt. (I had some lime salt leftover but let's be serious, that isn't a problem at all!)

Printable Recipe


































I hope it's starting to feel like spring over in your neck of the woods.

Today it's 79 degrees and sunny here in Cincinnati and I'm loving every minute of it!

Linking up here

Peace, and bacon grease!


25 comments:

Jodi said...

this sounds soooo good. esp the lime salt.. why didnt I think of that??

Faith said...

I completely want to jump through the screen. Looks SO good!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

mmmmm....I cant wait to try this

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

I'm loving every minute of this weather too! Finally! You got me ready for grilling season! I love grilling corn, but have never made a flavored butter! Totally trying this, can't wait!

Christi said...

Oh my gosh I am dying- I love grilled corn and I can't wait to try this out!

imklvr said...

OK. So I found you at Shabby Creek Cottage. Decided this recipe was a keeper, checked out your blog's name, thought, "hmmm...this sounds like me". Looked around a bit, as one in apt to do when no one is looking, and was happy with what I found. But then. THEN! I came to the end. "Peace and bacon grease." I could NOT sign up to be a follower fast enough!! You ARE my kinda gal! I think this old Grani (yes, with an I. I'm not THAT old) is gonna learn some stuff from you. Thanks for starting my day off on a high note! Dona

TidyMom said...

WOW! can't WAIT to make this!

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my I Spy Sunday party wrap up post! http://tidymom.net/2013/i-spy-sunday-creative-ideas/ Have a fabulous rest of the weekend!

Unknown said...

Pinning! That corn looks sooooo good!

Miz Helen said...

Just FABULOUS! Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Chris said...

I'm ready for this but our summer corn isn't here yet. The stuff in the stores is pale, low in quality and $5.99 for a five pack of corn!

Unknown said...

Your corn sounds insanely good. We use lime quite a bit on corn but I never thought to use chipotle too. I can just imagine how good it is. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Oh, this looks good. I'll try your recipe the next time we grill corn.
Lovely photos!

Crystelle Boutique said...

This recipe looks really yummy and really makes me hunger for summer!!!

Thanks for sharing... :)
Wishing you a terrific week… :)

hugs x
Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I am going to have to try this soon! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays #8.
~Amber @ http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

Michelle B said...

Firing up the grill right now. Ok, not really cause it's 9 PM, but I want to! Something grilled is going on next week's menu just for this corn.

Thank you for linking!

Unknown said...

I have a freezer full of corn from last years farm pick up! I know there will be a lot of corn on my menu and all of it will have the Chipotle Butter and lime salt on it! Great combination of flavors!

Thanks for linking this to the In and Out of the Kitchen Party. I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Hun.... WFD said...

Anxiously awaiting the warm weather to try this!! Thank again for sharing on Simple Supper Tuesday.

Jamie @ Huckleberry Love said...

I loved the post about the chipotle butter, so it's nice to see it all come together melted on some corn. My mouth is watering...

Thanks again for linking up to Much Ado About Monday!

Jamie
www.huckleberrylove.com

Mackenzie said...

I seriously LOVE grilled corn and can't wait to try this out as the weather continues to get warmer! You are a Featured Favorite on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes this weekend! We love having you join us and can't wait to see what you've been up to this week! Have a great weekend!
Mackenzie :)

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your new Red Plate and have a great weekend!
Miz Helen

Michelle B said...

Popping over to say that this will be featured when See Ya in the Gumbo goes live tonight. One of the most-viewed links! Thanks again for joining in.

April J Harris said...

Thank you for sharing this colourful and spicy way to serve corn with the Hearth and Soul hop.

The Mandatory Mooch said...

On today's Celebration Sundays I've collected an amazing group of 20 Cinco de Mayo recipes. This is one of them!! Don't miss it!! Thanks, Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/04/celebration-sundays-cinco-de-mayo.html

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Hello, Desi! Stopping by to let you know that I featured your Grilled Corn in a Memorial Day themed blog post today! http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2013/05/memorial-day-pinspiration.html ...Thanks for sharing this DELICIOUS recipe and Happy (early) Memorial Day!!

Unknown said...

Pinned the recipe last week and then made it while camping! The corn was delish, and everyone raved about the chipotle (even tho some were skeptical)!!! Thank you for a great recipe!