Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

April 27, 2013

Proof That Hard Work and Dedication Pay Off!!!

Guys!!

I am literally jumping for joy!

After 15 rejections and thoughts of giving up.... 

FOODGAWKER FINALLY ACCEPTED ONE OF MY PHOTOS!!!

AHHHHHH!!!! This is like the highlight of my life right now. Ok, maybe just the highlight of my year, so far. But you can see my excitement. Exclamation points galore!!!!!!!

This is a major accomplishment for a food blogger like myself. I had been so discouraged when they rejected some of what I thought were my best photos.

But finally, my Mini Almond Tarts were good enough to make the cut.






























And now my life is complete :)

It just goes to show that dedication, time and practice do pay off. If you are/were feeling like me and were discouraged for not having any photos accepted, just keep trying, for real! It's really subjective and what may get rejected by one moderator may be accepted by another. I almost gave up, and if I had I wouldn't be this happy right now.

Ok, now only to figure out how to have another one accepted lol.

But for now, I'm doing my happy dance. And enjoying a margarita that I'll be sharing with you guys soon.

Happy weekend to you.

my foodgawker gallery


Peace, and bacon grease!


9 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Yay!!!!!! Congrats!!!! That's amazing. I'm so happy for you!

Jenn said...

Oh yeah! That is awesome.

Faith said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!!!

Chris said...

Congratulations! I quit trying a long time ago after too many rejections and never getting accepted.

imklvr said...

Well, I don't know what Foodgawker is, but apparently it's a BIG THING! So, much congrats to you. But if I were boss of the world, all your pics would be a big deal! "Peace and bacon grease" would be my motto! It cracks me up every time I see it...thanks!! Dona

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

YEAH!!!!! Congratulations Desi!! It IS a gorgeous photo too! This is just the beginning!

Maria Asay said...

Wow! Congratulations! Great photo.

Desi said...

Thanks everyone!

@imklvr - You are the sweetest! That comment seriously made my day :) Glad my motto resonates with you and that it brings a smile to your face :)

@Tanya - Thanks for your encouragement! Now I just have to keep it going!! Hoping I get more accepted in the future :) Any tips?

Teri said...

Wow! �� That’s really BIG, and very well deserved! I hope others become encouraged by your post and “never give up” either!! Super congrats to you! I’m sure we’ll be seeing more soon enough!! ��������������