Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

July 3, 2013

Red, White, and Blue Fruit Cups

Hey friends.

It's time to get all patriotic up in here.

 







 





























I'm keeping it simple yet colorful and so pretty with these Red, White, and Blue Fruit Cups. I love themed foods if you can't tell already.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tend to go a little overboard with the themed foodie props too. This time it's all in the name of independence!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What can I say? I love my country!

 

Red, White, and Blue Fruit Cups

slightly adapted from Rachael Ray

  • 1 pint fresh strawberries
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 pint heavy whipping cream

Slice strawberries and combine in a bowl with blueberries. Sprinkle berries with two teaspoons sugar.

Add heavy whipping cream and remaining sugar to mixer bowl. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Serve berries in small cups with generous spoonfuls of fresh whipped cream.


Printable Recipe

 

Aren't you proud to be free?!

 

Need some more patriotic inspiration? Check out these other patriotic recipes from my blog, though most don't have pictures because I still need to go back and update ones that were lost! But the recipes are still good :) 

 

Happy 4th of July everyone!

 

Peace, and bacon grease!







5 comments:

Chris said...

Colorful and good for you, what a rocking dessert. The second picture made me crazy for a minute because I could see your reflection in the spoon but the orientation doesn't match. Then I figured out that you must have flipped the orientation of the picture.

I ALWAYS get reflections of our ceiling fans on my spoons.

Adelina Priddis said...

I love your patriotism!! The fruit cups look so festive. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

Lita said...

Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes. Hope you can come back next week. We're featuring ice cream! Check out out Monday party. What'd You Do This Weekend?

Wishes for tasty dishes,
Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

Fresh fruit is the best! This is making my mouth water! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #20!

~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

Unknown said...

How fun... and delicious too, I am sure! thanks for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... come on over and share again! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com I love to see everyones creative projects! xoxo~ Ruthie