Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

January 21, 2013

Crab and Chipotle Aioli Deviled Eggs

We took a month off of The Secret Recipe Club, but we're back!



















This month I was assigned to the amazing blog, Authentic Suburban Gourmet. I've been a long time follower of Lisa's blog for forever now, and already had plenty of her recipes bookmarked to try. But it was so going through her archive and finding tons more. I seriously have about 50 recipes of hers to try! Not kidding. That means you need to go check out her blog right now!


















Since I couldn't choose between tempting recipes like Pumpkin Seed Brittle, Brown Butter Nuts with Rosemary and Thyme, and Guinness Braised Short Ribs, I let PJ choose. 

Bam! He chose her Crab and Chipotle Aioli Deviled Eggs.  

















 I'd say he chose well.

Crab and Chipotle Aioli Deviled Eggs
from Authentic Suburban Gourmet

Eggs

  • 8 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons mayo
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Hard boil the eight eggs and let cool to room temperature. Cut in half lengthwise and remove the yolk. Place into a bowl and break up with a fork until lumps are gone. Add the mayo, mustard and salt. Whisk with a fork until creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Chill for one hour if desired.

Chipotle Aioli

  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, finely minced1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 large adobo chili
  • Salt and pepper
Add all of the above ingredients into a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Place into a container with a lid and refrigerate until ready to use.

Toppings

  • 1/3 cup lump crab meat, or 16 slices of imitation
  • 1 tablespoon chives, minced
To assemble:

Place the egg halves onto a platter. Put the egg yolk mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the egg halves. Then top each one with a pinch or slice of crab. Add a tiny dollop of the chipotle aioli and garnish with a pinch of chives. Refrigerate until ready to serve.



Printable Recipe





















We used imitation crab because we're cheapos. I sauteed the crab in some butter to give it some flavor and so it wasn't just cold crab. Next time I think I'll splurge and try it with real crab. PJ was nervous about using it this time because sometimes it can be too fishy for him, he says. That boy! This time though I felt it could use more of a crab taste. So if you can, go with the real crab and not the imitation stuff.

The chipotle aioli was amazing! I'm trying to find other things that I can smother with this sauce.



















Basically. Make these. Super Bowl is coming up and I'd say these would be a great item to add to your menu. 

















Linking up here.


Peace, and bacon grease!


39 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Talk about gourmet deviled eggs! :)

Rhonda said...

Well shiver me timbers, would you believe that I made deviled crab eggs with a siracha aioli yesterday. I must of been getting serious wave lengths from you since I was assigned your blog this month!

I had fun stalking you!

Faith said...

Get in my belly!! This looks amazing!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Those deviled crab eggs loos amazing............Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!



Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles said...

These. Sound. (And Look) Fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing.

Also, love the new photo edits with titles overlaid. I noticed a lot of bloggers have started doing this...is it to make it easier on pintrest and stuff?

Chelsy Ethridge said...

What a clever twist on a deviled egg! I must try this soon!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh these sound divine!!! And they look so tasty and fancy!!!! YUM!!!!

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

You did a great job with these! Glad that you chose them - I had almost forgot about them, since they were made a while. Thank you for the kind words!!! Happy Monday!!!

Desi said...

@ Rhonda - Great minds think alike! We were sending each other vibes :)

@ Christine - I love adding fonts to my photos... I have been doing it for quite some time actually, before pinterest. Then I stopped for awhile but started again... I like to have one photo with text if I have enough photos to choose from :) But yes it does help those on pinterest know what they are looking at!

EveryDay Bloom said...

WOW those look awesome. I need to give that a try. Thank you for sharing. Lynaea @ EverydayBloom.com

Unknown said...

Wow, I am going to love these. I would never have thought. New follower. I am hosting a link party going on right now over at memoriesbythemile.com
I would love for you share these and/or anything else you want. :-)
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

Amy Powell said...

I'm not one for deviled eggs or crab, but my husband is & oh boy would he love those!

xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

{PS - I'm giving away a Fitness Notebook & would love for you to win!}

Julie said...

Oh now these look delicious! A great change to the average develed egg recipe! Thanks so much for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! Have a fabulous week! Pinning and sharing on my Facebook page!

Julie
www.thisgalcooks.com

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Ooh, these are some marvelous deviled eggs!!! How have you been, my friend? Wishing for spring like me? Hope all is well :)

Veronica Miller said...

Gourmet devilled eggs? They are so fancy and pretty! And sound so delish. I love the flavors going on here-PJ has great taste!

Unknown said...

These look amazing!Thanks for linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

Michelle B said...

These are awesome! Any time I can have crab or chipotle, I'm on it!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking these eggs up, I am going to love them and I featured them on my Follow Up to Alaska and Link Party today.
Hope you'll come back next week and share.
Wanda Ann @ memoriesbythemile.com

Adelina Priddis said...

oh my goodness, these look divine! I love deviled eggs, but am always afraid to spice them up. thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

Chris said...

Oooh, like these. If I make it, I'd probably make a bit of remoulade instead of the aioli for a New Orleans twist.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Desi,
What a great idea and a fabulous appetizer, just perfect for the Big Game Day. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Cheryl @ That's What Che Said said...

These look ah-mazing! My mouth is watering! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday! I am pinning this for sure! Hope to see you back this weekend! xoxo - Cheryl

Unknown said...

seriously. you put crab in deviled eggs. OR you made crab and then put deviled eggs on it. I'm convinced that you "put an egg on it" and anything can be great. you just took crab to a whole other level. and that's sayin a lot because crab is already super fantastical!

happy src reveal! xo, kristy

Julie said...

Hi Desi!
Just stopping by again to let you know that I will be featuring these fabulous deviled eggs at tonight's Marvelous Mondays party. Thanks again for linking up last week. :)

Julie @ This Gal Cooks

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

Diane Balch said...

Definitely pinning this for my next party... love the twist on traditional deviled eggs.

Ali @ Jamhands.net said...

Thank you so much for linking this recipe up at Recipe Sharing Monday! The new link party is up and I'd love to see you back. Have a great week. :)

Jaime said...

Hey Desi! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Just wanted to stop by to let you know that you are one of the features this week at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!! Thanks so much for linking up!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Alright lady, I not only featured this today for Mangia Mondays, but I posted it on my facebook page too (nd I see I'm not the first to feature it!) Thanks so much for sharing, Desi!
http://www.shineyourlightblog.com/2013/01/mangia-mondays-january-features.html

Judy@SavoringToday said...

What delicious sounding and beautifully presented deviled eggs! These top my list of tempting deviled eggs for sure, must try. :) Will share this as part of my highlights for Hearth & Soul this week -- Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop.

Unknown said...

My mouth actually started watering! My husband is allergic to shellfish, or I would be all over this! It is really unfortunate because I LOVE crab!
Thanks so much for sharing on Super Sweet Saturday.
Steph
swtboutique.com

Michelle B said...

Thanks for coming by and linking this week! I appreciate it!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Definitely gourmet! My husband and dad would go nuts if I made these for them. :-) Thanks so much for linking up at What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

You know I'm crazy about these Desi! Thanks for sharing them at One Creative Weekend!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

These look delectable...

Try using that aioli on burgers...my husband was just raving about chipotle aioli on a burger over the weekend..

Do you use canned peppers for the aioli?

I'm featuring your deviled eggs at Creative Juice and my social media...

Thanks for sharing!
Nicolette

April J Harris said...

I can see why you struggled to choose from the recipes on Lisa's blog, but PJ made a great choice! I love deviled eggs, but this crab and chipotle aioli version really is special. What wonderful layers of flavour!

Adelina Priddis said...

Just want you to know, I'm featuring this recipe on Foodie Friday this week. Thanks again for joining our party!

cody said...

i really think i could handle that! thanks for posting :)chef etoile

Unknown said...

I have some struggles with those recipes and i would like to to recommend if have some free video recipes for me to look into it.. thanks for sharing though.