Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

October 17, 2012

Strawberry Margarita Squares {Eating the Alphabet Series}

I'm joining the Eating the Alphabet challenge this month, and the letters are S and/or T. In case you forgot,  it's gotta be a fruit, vegetable, or legume/grain.

Sure, I found tons of delicious tomato recipes, and even sundried tomato recipes.

But in the end I chose the always-delicious strawberry.

























  
Why? To make these.

 


















 

Strawberry Margarita Squares. 

 
























I love me some lime, but PJ doesn't like it to be overwhelming. I agree, maybe next time we could cut back on the lime a bit. And next time I'd definitely up the pretzel amount. It barely covered my 9x13 pan! I love the crunchy contrast, as well as the addition of saltiness, so I definitely want more crust next time. I also preferred it more frozen. After letting it sit out for 15 minutes, it softened up quite a bit. So depends how you like it, if you want it soft like cool whip, set it out before serving. If you want it to be a bit more on the frozen side like me, just serve immediately from the freezer. 




















The recipe below will include my suggested modifications of less lime and more pretzels!

 
















Strawberry Margarita Squares
adapted from Kraft
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup pureed strawberries
  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
  • sliced strawberries, for garnish

Mix pretzel crumbs and butter in a bowl. Transfer to a 13x9-inch pan. Press onto bottom of pan to form a crust. Refrigerate until ready to use. 
 
Combine condensed milk, pureed strawberries and lime juice in a large bowl. Gently stir in the Cool Whip; pour over crust.

Freeze for at least 6 hours. If desired, remove from freezer and set at room temperature to soften slightly. Top with sliced strawberries when serving.
 
 
Printable Recipe

 

















Won't you join us next month?  :)


Peace, and bacon grease!





22 comments:

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Desi, what a great recipe! These bars are so pretty!!! I love how easy they are and the ingredient list is already in my pantry! I'm crazy about the pretzel crust!!! This is a winner!

Sarah Leonard said...

These are so yummy looking! Alcoholic puddings are definitely the best kind!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Cusiosity

Mrs Bishop said...

Mmm...these sound delish!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Desi,
Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Anonymous said...

DESI!! You won the cookbook from my giveaway!! Congratulations!

Alice at "A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen!"

Veronica Miller said...

These sound so good! Sweet and salty is what I like best in a dessert, so bring it on! )

Unknown said...

This sounds delicious and I have some pretzels just waiting to be used... I would also put more pretzels in... love the salty with the sweet. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

April J Harris said...

Your Strawberry Margarita Squares look like a real treat! I love the salty contrast of the crust with the soft creamy sweetness of the filling!

Unknown said...

These look awesome! They make me thirsty for a Margarita. Thanks for sharing on my Munchin' on Mondays link party :)

Michelle B said...

The salty, crunchy pretzels sound like a winner in this dessert. I like how they give that element of salt around a margarita glass. Thanks for sharing with See Ya In the Gumbo this week!

Linda Kilsdonk said...

These sound sinfully delicious! Linda @www.paperseedlings.com

Anonymous said...

These look amazing!

I found you at the Anti-Procrastination Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower:) Come say hi!

http://elizakprints.blogspot.com/

Michelle Day said...

Wow, these look amazing. I love the sweet and salty combo. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Michelle

Chelsea said...

This looks so tasty! Saving this one to make for my next pot-luck!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

These look so yummy! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites! Please come back and link up again this week.

Janie said...

Those are so gorgeous!! I need to get some tips from you on food styling!

Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursday :)

Run DMT said...

Those look amazing! Thanks for linking up at Friday Food Fight. :-)

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Pinned! These sound to-die for!

Thanks for the recipe.

Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

Judy@SavoringToday said...

Those are so cute! I like how you left the stem on the strawberry, it adds a little splash of green. Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Mmmm....I think I can taste these already! So good!

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday! Have a GREAT week! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

Jenn said...

Oh my. This sounds delicious!